Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

US WW1 Victory medal lapel pin

Article about: Hello all....I learned something new today... I have a family grouping of medals and insignia that hung framed in my great grandmothers house....the grouping included GAR, WW1 and WW2 items.

Default US WW1 Victory medal lapel pin

Hello all....I learned something new today...

I have a family grouping of medals and insignia that hung framed in my great grandmothers house....the grouping included GAR, WW1 and WW2 items....

Last week I picked up a copy of “ The Interallied Victory Medals of World War 1” by Alexander Laslo....i have several WW1 Victory medals and wanted to learn more about them....the book is a great reference which i can recommend

Anyway, I was quite happy to identify this small lapel button ..,I sure we all have small things we know are “something “ but can’t figure out

Just a small item but as I haven’t seen it here before I thought I would share

The lapel button to the upper left of the medal

Book reference

A few shots from the book ...if you collect victory medals I can definitely recommend
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US WW1 Victory medal lapel pin   US WW1 Victory medal lapel pin  

US WW1 Victory medal lapel pin   US WW1 Victory medal lapel pin  

Thank you for posting! This is the first time I've heard about the victory lapel buttons.

Me too....,and I’ve owned one for 20 years or so
    "Youth would be an ideal state if it came a little later in life" - Herbert Henry Asqulth

Thank you for posting the VM and pin, I may have to invest in that book myself. Live to see more of your Victory Medals, I only have two.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Nice find. It is my understanding, from a WWI collector, that these were issued to WWI veterans by the VFW when joining. The American Legion also issued a similar pin when joining. He has about 50 of each of the items.
    John

Thanks....they mention in the book that the VFW would help vets apply for the medal ...they were not automatically given and only about half of the qualified vets ever bothered to apply
    "Youth would be an ideal state if it came a little later in life" - Herbert Henry Asqulth