Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

US WWI Bolo-machete

Article about: Hi ! Wanna show you this US Bolo-machete in bad condition, (it was found in a barn). I think, it´s still collectible and I´m interested in it´s value. Thx. in advance, R.

Default US WWI Bolo-machete

Hi !

Wanna show you this US Bolo-machete in bad condition, (it was found in a barn).

I think, it´s still collectible and I´m interested in it´s value.

Thx. in advance,

R.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US WWI Bolo-machete   US WWI Bolo-machete  

US WWI Bolo-machete   US WWI Bolo-machete  

US WWI Bolo-machete  

?

Default Re: US WWI Bolo-machete

Hi,
    Nice blade! A Plumb made M1917 Bolo in this condition without the scabbard I'd value at around $125 - $175....You'll see them for sale for about $200+ retail on most websites, but I always take into consideration the 10%+ markup by dealers.

If you want a scabbard, Ebay always has them available. Military War Relics, Antiques and Collectibles, RJW Militaria has a few web and leather scabbards for sale right now at $10 and $12.

Because it's fun to share, below is my example with what I am told is an experimental USMC only issued LF&C metal scabbard.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US WWI Bolo-machete   US WWI Bolo-machete  

US WWI Bolo-machete  

Thx. for answering and also Thx. for showing your Bolo !

Great item in great condition, congrats !

I´d be glad to get a Bolo in such condition !
    If you have the chance to get another one I have some German WWII-stuff for swap !

Rgds.,

R.

Those are very collectable.I do not think the one you have is in bad condition.100$ to 200$

Thx. Chris !

The blade of my Bolo is quite rusty, as you can see on the images ...

I think, I´ll swap this item and this is the reason why, I´m asking for a fair price.

Rgds.,

R.

?

Thanks for the kind words! I wish I could say I have people throwing Bolo knives at me to buy (well not literally throwing them!), but unfortunately this isn’t the case. I actually lucked out on this one as I found it cleaning out the house of a WWI vet. As payment for helping with the cleanout, I was permitted to keep a few items found in the house, the Bolo being one of those items.

Seems like you are in the same boat as me considering you found yours in a barn. Amazing what is still lying out there waiting to be discovered!

And to add to what Chris said, yours is not in bad shape at all. They can be very deceiving when determining condition as they have a rough look to them to begin with. Also, as Chris mentioned they are very sought after, so if you have the right person looking for one, they could pay top dollar.

Quote by yuengling325 View Post
    ... Also, as Chris mentioned they are very sought after, so if you have the right person looking for one, they could pay top dollar.
    Sure, but I´m a collector, not a dealer ...
    I prefer to swap !

BTW, you´re right !
    There´s so much laying around anywhere it´s only waitin´ for somebody to discover !