Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Volunteer long service & good conduct medal.

Article about: I purchased this medal but am having a hard time finding any info on the soldier. Tried ancestry and forces war records. 3484 Lance Sergeant Amos Barlow 1st VBMR

Default Volunteer long service & good conduct medal.

I purchased this medal but am having a hard time finding any info on the soldier. Tried ancestry and forces war records.

3484 Lance Sergeant Amos Barlow 1st VBMR

Volunteer long service & good conduct medal.Volunteer long service & good conduct medal.Volunteer long service & good conduct medal.Volunteer long service & good conduct medal.

Ancestry can be a bit clunky if you don't enter exactly the right search parameters.

However, as I am sure you are aware this is the Volunteer Long Service Medal awarded to members of the volunteer Force for 20yrs (?) qualifying service from the late 19th century until about 1930 I believe and yours is the UK version.

I think the unit abbreviation is 1st Volunteer Battalion the Manchester Regiment.

The Manchester Regiment has evolved through a couple of amalgamations in recent years but here a couple of links that might help your research;

Search - Tameside Metropolitan Borough Council

LANCASHIRE RIFLE VOLUNTEERS | Lancashire Infantry Museum

Let us know how you get on.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Tried to email the manchester page tgere but it wouldent accept my area code being US.