Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Welsh regiment Victory medal

Article about: I picked this one up a while back but never started a thread on it. A Victory medal to Private William Lewis of the Welsh Regiment, who later transferred to the Labour Corps, so I assume he

Default Welsh regiment Victory medal

I picked this one up a while back but never started a thread on it. A Victory medal to Private William Lewis of the Welsh Regiment, who later transferred to the Labour Corps, so I assume he was wounded. Number for the Welsh which is marked on the medal is 27768 and for the Labour Corps is 224767. I got a copy of his IMC with it which shows he was entitled to a pair and not a trio. Sadly his MIC does not show where and when he first served, though probably post 1915 as he was not entitled to a star medal.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Welsh regiment Victory medal   Welsh regiment Victory medal  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Sadly I cannot find a service record for him.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Sadly I cannot find a service record for him.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks for trying Ade. I know for many all that can be found is the MIC, whilst for others quite full records can be found it is seems to be a bit of luck either way.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.