Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What happened to our beloved forum?

Article about: This new style sux.

Default What happened to our beloved forum?

This new style sux.

Default Re: What happened to our beloved forum?

The forum is still being updated, the skin on the moment is just a tempory one whilst all the important updates and work are being carried out. I believe that Dimas is doing it on his own so it will take time as its not an easy task and is very time consuming, just give it a little time and things will be back to what they were soon.....think of it as the primer paint on a car (which looks rubbish) whilst Dimas is fixing the engine (makes it work)

Thanks

Danny

Quote by GasMasksUK View Post
    The forum is still being updated, the skin on the moment is just a tempory one whilst all the important updates and work are being carried out. I believe that Dimas is doing it on his own so it will take time as its not an easy task and is very time consuming, just give it a little time and things will be back to what they were soon.....think of it as the primer paint on a car (which looks rubbish) whilst Dimas is fixing the engine (makes it work)

Thanks

Danny
    WOW! I stand corrected and hang my head in shame. My apologies to all concerned. It looks wonderful!!!

I think we all need to thank Dimas and anyone else who has taken part in making the forum the way it is now, as he's done a truely superb job

Thanks

Danny

I agree whole heartedly Danny! Thanks, and keep up the good work Dimas. We appreciate your efforts.

Jay

Well done, Dimas. Give yourself a pat on the back!

Regards,
    Finn

ian
    ?

from my part the jury is still out , bit botherd that there is no indication of who is on line or not , allso as i said on another thread , it feals unwelcoming and clynical , but ill wate till its finnished before i make judgement , not that my humble opinion will make much difference
    cheers ian

if it ain't broke don't fix it !

?

There are technical reasons as to why this is having to be done , it's not being done just to change things for changes sake .

Most forums who do this shut down for days to complete the work , it is to the credit of the Admin and Technical staff here that they are keeping the forum up and running whilst the changes are carried out . How many times does this have to be explained !!!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

ian
    ?

hi PAUL i dont think you have to explane it ,, it is just a bit of a shock that has hit us ,,im sure we will all get used to change it just takes a bit of time thats all ,, and yes the hard work and seriouse effort that goes into the running of this wonderfull forum is well understood and much apreciated by all i think ,,, i have my own thoughts that i have mentioned on other threads ,, and i think there will be many diferent oppinions and thoughts and ideas from many other members
    the main thing is no matter what changes are made ,we are still a group of friends and a fellowship of collectors ,,and that i believe will never change cheers ian

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast