Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ww 1 Escape Compass ????

Article about: Found this compass amid the 1,000 + tables at the "Oaks Gun" Show in Penna. on Saturday..... Dave

Default Ww 1 Escape Compass ????

Found this compass amid the 1,000 + tables at the "Oaks Gun" Show in Penna. on Saturday.....
    Dave
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ww 1 Escape Compass ????   Ww 1 Escape Compass ????  

Ww 1 Escape Compass ????   Ww 1 Escape Compass ????  

I wouldn't think that a WW1 escape compass would be made in West Germany (May 23rd 1949 - October 3rd 1990). And that aside, the whole idea of an escape compass is to have something that you can conceal about your body when captured.

Cheers,
    Steve.
    Last edited by HARRY THE MOLE; 05-20-2018 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Additional information - dates

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    I wouldn't think that a WW1 escape compass would be made in West Germany (May 23rd 1949 - October 3rd 1990). And that aside, the whole idea of an escape compass is to have something that you can conceal about your body when captured.

Cheers,
    Steve.
    Steve, Thanks you have a great eye,I didn't notice the West Germany stamped at the bottom,,here is photo of the info i found on google..made between Ww 1 & Ww 2
    Thanks Again
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ww 1 Escape Compass ????  

Although at first glance it looks the same, the compass card is completely different. Still a nice item though!

Cheers,
    Steve

?

The compass has to be made post 1949 to be marked West Germany.