Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW1 era Pond's capsule?

Article about: I found this with my grandfather's own WW1 cap badges & buttons, suggesting it was his from that era. Obviously Pond's is a well known cosmetics brand - does anyone know if there is mili

rus
    ?

Default WW1 era Pond's capsule?

I found this with my grandfather's own WW1 cap badges & buttons, suggesting it was his from that era. Obviously Pond's is a well known cosmetics brand - does anyone know if there is military connection?

WW1 era Pond's capsule?

Not one which I am aware of, so more than likely civilian in nature.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Found this on a metal detecting site - they said it was an early 1900's lipstick tube ........ maybe that's what you found?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 era Pond's capsule?   WW1 era Pond's capsule?  

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

rus
    ?

Thank you, it does look very similar. I'll heat it up a bit and see if it will come apart.

MAP
    ?

Certainly could have been used by him to store items like matches and such, while he was in the military. But agree with the others, the item itself isn't military issued
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I've found similar also but always assumed it was just a lipstick tube, soldiers knowing what were good gifts to give to females they met.

mpw
    ?

Pond's were a UK chemist in the 19th / 20th c.

WW1 era Pond's capsule?

?

Tubes like that were commonly used as match safes. To keep matches dry.

rus
    ?

I tried heating it but it wouldn't come apart. If there were matches inside I expect they would be dust by now!

?

The lip stick tube to me looks like a needle safe, for sewing needles. Inside would be a rolled up piece of cardboard or a cotton ball to stick the needles in.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast