Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

WW1 Uniform and Visor Cap

Article about: Hello all, I need some help learning as much as I can about this uniform and visor cap from WW1. I got both of these items from a lady that goes to church with me for free. It was this lady'

Default WW1 Uniform and Visor Cap

Hello all, I need some help learning as much as I can about this uniform and visor cap from WW1. I got both of these items from a lady that goes to church with me for free. It was this lady's great great uncle whose name is was James Cameron. Maybe someone could help me research that? Let's start with the jacket it's in good shape no moth holes just some stains and is missing one button. The jacket has no chevrons or patches of any sort and I can't find any manufacturer tag just one tag that says Kling-Chicago. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction of where to look for the manufacturer tag. WW1 uniforms isn't really my area of expertise.

The visor cap is in good shape also with no moth holes or stains it's just old. On the inside it says Imperial Cap Works and nothing else. Whatever you guys can tell me about it is great and I appreciate it.

Calloway WW1 Uniform and Visor CapWW1 Uniform and Visor CapWW1 Uniform and Visor CapWW1 Uniform and Visor CapWW1 Uniform and Visor CapWW1 Uniform and Visor Cap

?

I would work on the family angle to begin with. Date of birth and address for starters as well as middle name.

?

The tunic appears to be nade of cotton drill, not worn by the AEF in WWI. Suitable for wear in the Philipines, Panama Canal Zone & other hot climates. Certainly pre-WWII.
    The cap is for emlisted ranks, even though it looks to be a privately made version. Officer caps have a mohair band , and are made of higher quality materials.
    The badge is smaller than usual, although it looks like the officer's version.

BobS