Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

WWI American Field Service/ French Army Tunic, ID'd to Alastair Ian Grant Valentine

Article about: A few years back this uniform showed up for sale on eBay. It was identified to an American named Alastair Ian Grant Valentine. Valentine served in the American Field Service as a volunteer a

Default WWI American Field Service/ French Army Tunic, ID'd to Alastair Ian Grant Valentine

A few years back this uniform showed up for sale on eBay. It was identified to an American named Alastair Ian Grant Valentine. Valentine served in the American Field Service as a volunteer ambulance driver in 1917 before enlisting in the French Army. He became an aspirant in the artillery corps before being assigned as an artillery spotter in the balloon corps. I know this is a long shot but does any one out there know what became of this uniform?
    Attached Images Attached Images WWI American Field Service/ French Army Tunic, ID'd to Alastair Ian Grant Valentine  WWI American Field Service/ French Army Tunic, ID'd to Alastair Ian Grant Valentine  WWI American Field Service/ French Army Tunic, ID'd to Alastair Ian Grant Valentine  WWI American Field Service/ French Army Tunic, ID'd to Alastair Ian Grant Valentine  WWI American Field Service/ French Army Tunic, ID'd to Alastair Ian Grant Valentine  WWI American Field Service/ French Army Tunic, ID'd to Alastair Ian Grant Valentine 

steves59
    ?

Default Re: WWI American Field Service/ French Army Tunic, ID'd to Alastair Ian Grant Valentine

Hi, Did you ever find out anything on the uniform? I just found some pictures and medals that belonged to A.I.G. Valentine? Was he related to President Grant? Thanks

Default Re: WWI American Field Service/ French Army Tunic, ID'd to Alastair Ian Grant Valentine

No nothing yet. Are you the guy that replied to this same question on another forum?

steves59
    ?

No, I just got these items the other day. While I was trying to find out about Mr. Valentine, I came across your posting.I have a lot of questions for you,can we talk? Or do I type them ( with 1 finger)? Thanks again