Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WWI Dallas Wing

Article about: Hi All- I'm new to this forum and excited to jump right in. I've just started collecting WW1 wings and found this one. Can any experts weigh in on its legitimacy? Based on my studies, it loo

jkjoller
    ?

Default WWI Dallas Wing

Hi All- I'm new to this forum and excited to jump right in. I've just started collecting WW1 wings and found this one. Can any experts weigh in on its legitimacy? Based on my studies, it looks good but would love other opinions.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI Dallas Wing   WWI Dallas Wing  

WWI Dallas Wing   WWI Dallas Wing  

MAP
    ?

Welcome to the forum JK.

This type of award is not an area I study but it sure looks neat. Maybe something I should start looking into...LoL

Anyway, some guys will be around. Be patient. It's late Aug and lots of people are on vacation

Regards,

M
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

I know that these are reproduced but have never handled one of these. But I am looking at one on this site and I am seeing several differences between your's and a known good one. What I am seeing is the feathers sizes(second row not the tips) and the horizontal dot count on the shield. Maybe they had different dies they used. They did have different patterns. But member Walkwolf would be The Man who's word I would trust on these

http://www.ww2wings.com/wings/wwi/us...spattern.shtml

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Last edited by AZPhil; 08-26-2017 at 09:46 PM. Reason: To add the comment about different patterns

?

Also maybe the Mod's could move this to a more appropriate section where it will get more eye's on this.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ww1-a...etc-1914-1918/

Semper Fi
    Phil

My area is WWII wings, so not my field. As said they look good, but I would say
    there are more repro's around than originals..........
    Regards,

Steve.