Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

WWI period postcards

Article about: Picked these up today. One French of the Somme I think, one of a member of the Army Service Corps with cloth title and ammo bandoleer, one asking for donations for tobacco for the troops wit

Default WWI period postcards

Picked these up today. One French of the Somme I think, one of a member of the Army Service Corps with cloth title and ammo bandoleer, one asking for donations for tobacco for the troops with a good image of a Tommy smoking and one with the words of a song and a good image of a Tommy.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI period postcards   WWI period postcards  

WWI period postcards   WWI period postcards  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Default Re: WWI period postcards

Adding this one, slightly pre WWI but a good image of a Lance Corporal in the Royal Welsh Fusiliers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI period postcards   WWI period postcards  

Regards,

Jerry

Nice images and still affordable. I like the portrait postcard of the ASC soldier.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Nice cards Jerry!....

picked up two more today, one of an unknown soldier and one promoting unity with our allies and must be fairly early in date as it has only 5 flags on it.

Regards,

Jerry

jwp
    ?

WWI period postcardsWWI period postcardsI love these old cards and have a large collection now ! , pick them up quite often at local antique and book fairs, heres a couple of my favourites,
    lance corporal with lewis gunners patch and family and ramc man with wife/ girlfriend, he is wearing overseas service chevrons.
    john.

Thanks John for adding yours, two very good examples IMHO. Maybe a mod could pin this thread and it could be added to by any who want to?
    Regards,

Jerry

jwp
    ?

sounds a good idea jerry !, btw I picked up a set of the bamforths song cards about a week ago, not got round to scanning them yet !.
    john.

jwp
    ?

another group shot, looks like the chap in uniform would be in a Scottish regiment and the other two chaps look to be wearing silver war badges.WWI period postcards

jwp
    ?

this young chap was born in my village, he was 15 when this pic was taken ! on being discovered he was sent home, he rejoined when he was 18 and was posted to the south wales borderers, sadly he was killed in april 1918.WWI period postcards

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast