MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Imperial Germany and Austro-Hungary

Article about: Post your Imperial books

Default Uniforms and Equipment of the Imperial German Army 1900-1918: A Study in Period Photographs Air Service, Cavalry, Assault Tr, Signal Tr, Picke

Title: Uniforms and Equipment of the Imperial German Army 1900-1918 Vol 1 (Infantry, Artillary, Jaeger, Landsturm, Mountain, Insignia Weapons)
    Author: Charles Woolley
    Publisher Schiffer Publishing Ltd
    Date: 1999
    Language English
    ISBN13 9780764309359
    Hardback: 376 pages

Notes: Uniforms and Equipment of the Imperial German Army 1900-1918: A Study in Period Photographs, contains over 500 never before published photographic images of Imperial German military subjects. This initial volume, of a continuing study, features formal studio portraits of pre-war dress and wartime uniforms of all arms. It also contains photo postal cards taken in the field of Infantry, Pionier, Telegraph-Signal, Landsturm and Mountain Troops, Vehicles, Artillery, Musicians, the Bavarian Leib Regiment, specialized uniforms and insignia, small arms close-ups, unmotorized transport, group shots and Balloon troops. Also included is a sixty page full-color uniform section reproduced from the rare 1914 plates by Major Arthur Schmidt of Infanterie Regiment Nr. 172, and shows that uniform color was still in evidence, mixed with the somber Feldgrau. Each photo caption has been carefully and completely researched affording the reader information not to be found in any other single source. An introduction to the complex army service commitments, a general uniform description and a selected bibliography make this a must volume for the serious military historian, collector, and World War I re-enactor.

Title: Uniforms and Equipment of the Imperial German Army 1900-1918 Vol 2 (Air service, Cavalry, Assault Troops, Signal Troops, Pickelhauben, Steel Helmets, Vehicles)
    Author: Charles Woolley
    Date: 10 Sep 2004
    Language English
    ISBN10 0764311042, ISBN13 9780764311048
    Hardback: 320 pages

Illustrations note over 500 b/w photographs, over 90 color profiles

Title: Uniforms and Equipment of the Austro-Hungarian Army in WWI
    Author: Spencer Coil
    Date: 2003
    Language English
    ISBN13 9780764318696
    Hardback: 352 pages

Notes: These emperors ruled a multiethnic empire destined to become one of the central powers in World War I. In addition to the studio portraits shown, the candid photos offer an authentic view of life in the trenches and on the battlefield. Each photo has been carefully chosen and researched to offer the reader detailed information on the k.u.k (royal and imperial) Empire's air, motor and medical corps, as well as infantry, artillery, pioneer and railroad troops. There are chapters covering highly decorated elite units, such as the Bosnian and the Kaiserschuetzen. A full color section of heretofore unpublished photos of original head dress, uniforms, equipment and accessories used by the k.u.k armed forces provides valuable information on the materials, markings, stamps, and construction of field caps, cavalry helmets and flight gear. Also included in this section are pilot badges and cap and collar insignia. This book is an indispensable resource for all historians, collectors, re-enactors, war gamers and model builders. Size:9″ x 12″ With over 550 black and white and color photographs

Last edited by MAP; 03-27-2020 at 03:22 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial Germany and Austro-Hungary
    P
    Many

Title: Imperial German Flight Badges, Volume 1
    Author: Robert S. Pandis
    Publisher: Robert S. Pandis
    Year: 2011
    ISBN: 978-1-4507-8984-4
    # of Pages: 174

Photo/Scan of the book cover
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Germany and Austro-Hungary  
    Last edited by Chopperman; 03-13-2020 at 04:07 PM.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Title: The Iron Time, A history of the Iron Cross
    Author: Stephen Thomas Previtera
    Publisher: Winidore Press, Inc
    Year: 1999
    ISBN: 0-9673070-0-7
    # of Pages: 457

Photo/Scan of the book cover:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Germany and Austro-Hungary  
    gregM

myself around.

Title: The Iron Time, A History of the Iron Cross Expanded edition.
    Author: Stephen Thomas Previtera
    Publisher: Winidore Press, Inc
    Year: 2007
    ISBN: 978-0-9763070-3-9
    # of Pages: 532

Photo/Scan of the book cover:
    gregM

myself around.

Hey guy's,
    sorry but I need to chit- chat first regarding my documentation about WWI militaria...
    When I started back in the early '70 ties, there wasn't much to direct me.
    All I had were the Graf Klenau auktion catalogs I tried to buy after the sales.
    And then there where these big IBM copy's on lose sheets giving you all the front helmet plate's there ever existed.
    I don't know where my copy is for the moment but I saw Saxon militaria is selling copy's as well.
    So not much ISBN numbers here.
    My doc looks a bit like Greg's photo-shop documentation...

Yes I know I should update my library....

Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

The only ISBN numbered reference book, I have, is this one;

Paperback | 186 pages
    Dimensions 155, 227, 14 mm | 550 g
    Publication date 19 oktober-30 november 1979 by the Royal Society of the friends of the Belgian War Museum
    Publisher Sogeprint
    Publication City/Country Rixensart BELGIUM
    Language ; 3 different languages in the same book; German, French and Flemish
    Illustrations note lots of photos, mostly black & white, only a few colored
    ISBN D/1979/0935

Last edited by MAP; 03-14-2020 at 05:42 PM.

cheers
    |<ris

Next has no ISBN number as well...
    It is a work of two bands,
    made in 1970
    by Gebrüder Gräfe
    Verlag für militärhistorische Schriften
    Baden Germany
    Only black and white pictures
    No high resolution.
    20.5/29.4/0.7 cm.

cheers
    |<ris

MAP
    ?

Title: Les Uniformes De L'Armee Allemande EN 1914 (Die Uniformen Des Deutschen Heers 1914)
    Author: Didier Laine
    Publisher: Chromos Service, Paris
    Year: 1988
    Language: German / French
    ISBN 10: 2950037712 / ISBN 13: 9782950037718
    Hardcover / Spiral bound: Pages ??

Notes: 31 full-col. photographs on high-gloss stock, each with a facing outline and identification.

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Notes: (All Three volumes) These books present in detail the field-grey uniforms, helmets, weapons, and equipment used before and during the First World War. The origin and the many formations in existence at the outbreak of the war, and newly raised will be outlined, followed by a section on uniforms. The many carefully selected black and white war-era photos with large and complete captions will give the reader a thorough understanding of the appearance of the German Army during World War I. Each branch of service is lavishly illustrated with over 3000 black and white, and color photographs. The three volumes cover: uniforms, headgear, weapons, gas warfare, telephone and communications equipment, infantry, jäger, schützen, radfahrer, mountain troops, machine gunners, cavalry, artillery, pioneers, transport, train, medical, and miscellaneous formations

Title: The Imperial German Armies in Field Grey Seen Through Period Photographs • 1907-1918: Volume 1: Uniforms, Headgear, Weapons, Gas Warfare, Telephone and Communications Equipment
    Author: Johan Somers
    Publisher: Schiffer Publishing
    Year: 2013
    Language: English
    ISBN-10: 0764342541, ISBN13: 9780764342547
    Hardcover: Pages 280

Title: The Imperial German Armies in Field Grey Seen Through Period Photographs • 1907-1918: Volume 2: Infantry, Jager, Schutzen, Radfahrer, Mountain Troops, and Machine Gunners
    ISBN-10: 0764345842, ISBN13: 978-0764345845
    Hardcover: Pages 336

Title: The Imperial German Armies in Field Grey Seen Through Period Photographs • 1907-1918: Volume 3: Cavalry, Artillery, Pioneers, Transport, Train, Medical, Miscellaneous Formations
    ISBN-10: 0764345850
    ISBN-13: 978-0764345852
    Hardcover: Pages 360

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast