Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Imperial Germany and Austro-Hungary

Article about: Post your Imperial books

MAP
    ?

Title: The Kaiser's Army in Color: Uniforms of the Imperial German Army as Illustrated by Carl Becker 1890-1910
    Author: Charles L. Woolley
    Publisher: Schiffer Publishing
    Year: 2020
    Language: English
    ISBN-10: 0764311735
    ISBN-13: 978-0764311734
    Hardcover: Pages 152

Notes: During the period 1890-1910 the German Army of Kaiser Wilhelm II was ablaze in color, particularly the Garde and Cavalry regiments. In this superb new volume the author brings to the student of uniforms, as well as the art and military historian, the true glory of this brief, but most colorful time. Carl Becker was a skillful and talented artist of the late 19th and early 20th centuries, whose treatment of German uniforms, the military pomp and ceremony, as well as the work-a-day activities of the Kaiser's army, are both realistically and artistically among the very best. The 104 never before published uniform plates are a treasure trove of color, action, and rarity which have only been viewed by a select few before this publication. The additional illustrations from books and the postcard art reproduced here well display the scope and depth of Becker's work. Technically correct, and artistically rendered on the subject of Kaiser Wilhelm II's flamboyant army of 1890-1910, this book will be a welcome addition to the library of the collector, the student of military costume, modelers and the appreciator of well executed military art.

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial Germany and Austro-Hungary
    P
    Many

Notes: This three-volume set provides the reader with an insight into the wide range of uniforms, weapons and field equipment used by the Imperial German Army during the First World War. The devastating and dramatic character of the war required many innovations in military clothing and equipment. New uniforms and adequate protection was a must, and steel helmets appeared on the battlefield, replacing the outdated spiked helmets. Even medieval-looking items, like steel breastplates and trench clubs, were produced, giving the soldiers a fearful appearance. The threat of poison gas caused the immediate development of gas masks. It was also the time of the tank, observation balloons, mine warfare, the Zeppelin, airplanes, flame-throwers, deadly machine guns, and other war machinery that saw service, sometimes for the first time. Using over 1,000 color and period photographs from private collections and museums, the author succeeds in showing a broad range of artifacts, together with full and to the point descriptions. This series is aimed towards the novice or advanced German World War I collector and enthusiast, military history student, modeller, researcher and re-enactor.

Title: Imperial German Field Uniforms and Equipment 1907* - 1918 - Vol. 1
    Author: Johan Somers
    Publisher: Schiffer Publishing Ltd, U.S
    Year: 2004
    ISBN: 0764322613
    ISBN-13: 978-0764322617
    Hardcover: 384 Pages

Title: Imperial German Field Uniforms and Equipment 1907* - 1918 - Vol. 2
    Publisher: Schaffer Publishing Ltd, U.S
    Year: 2004
    ISBN-10: 0764322621
    ISBN-13: 978-0764322624
    Hardcover: 440 pages

Title: Imperial German Field Uniforms and Equipment 1907* - 1918 - Vol. 3
    Publisher: Schaffer Publishing Ltd, U.S
    Year: 2007
    ISBN-10: 076432778X
    ISBN-13: 978-0764327780
    Hardcover: 384 pages

Last edited by MAP; 03-15-2020 at 04:59 AM.

Title: Swords of Germany 1900 / 1945
    Author: John R. Angolia
    Publisher: R. James Bender Publishing
    Year: 1988
    ISBN: 0-912138-40-8
    # of Pages: 496

Photo/Scan of the book cover:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Germany and Austro-Hungary  
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Title: Field Equipment of the Infantry 1914-1945
    Author: Robert Fisch
    Publisher: Greenberg Publication
    Year: 1989
    ISBN: 0-89778-084-1
    Hardcover
    Pages: 262

NOTES: This book covers the period from World War 1 through the end of World War 2: Countries included are: Austria, Belgium, Great Britain, Canada, Czechoslovakia, Denmark, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Japan, Jugoslavia, Netherlands, Poland, Russia, Serbia, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United States
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Germany and Austro-Hungary  

MAP
    ?

Title: Panzer-Kraftwagen Armoured Cars of the German and Freikorps
    Author: Rainer Strasheim
    Publisher: Tankograd
    Year: 2012
    ISBN-10: 3936519331
    ISBN-13: 978-3936519334
    Paperback: Pages: 96

Notes: This publication describes the development, design and combat use -on the Eastern and Western Front- of the three wartime German armoured car types built by Ehrhardt, Daimler and Büssing as well as the use and deployment of the many captured types manufactured by Minerva, Austin, Garford-Putilov, Lancia, Fiat, Peugeot, Packard and others that served under the Iron Cross both in the Imperial German Army in 1914-18 and later in the Freikorps of 1918-20. Illustrated with 152 black & white photographs.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Title: German Uniforms, Insignia & Equipment 1918-1923: Freikorps, Reichswehr, Vehicles, Weapons
    Author: Charles Woolley
    Publisher: Schiffer Publishing
    Year: 2002
    ISBN-10: 076431663X
    ISBN-13: 978-0764316630
    Hardcover: 184 pages

MAP
    ?

Title: The German Generals
    Author: Ulrich Herr and Jens Nguyen
    Publisher: Verlag Militaria
    Year: 2012
    Language: English (and appears French & German as well)
    ISBN-10: 3902526610
    ISBN-13: 978-3902526618
    Hardcover: 413 pages

Notes: Covering the generals, the war ministries and the general staffs, it brings us another step closer to completing the picture of the colourful uniforms of the Imperial German Army in the period between 1871 and 1914. Descriptions of the uniforms are illustrated with colour photographs of items worn by well-known historical figures such as Kaiser Wilhelm II, Generalfeldmarschalls von Moltke and von Mackensen, Wurttemberg's General der Kavallerie Graf von Zeppelin and members of the royal houses of Bavaria, Saxony and Wurttemberg, the Grand Duchy of Baden and the princely house of Waldeck and Pyrmont. Most of these have never been published before. This book presents a unique collection of helmets, *uniforms, epaulettes, shoulder pieces and edged weapons, which are mainly stored in the depots of important German museums and Huis Doorn in the Netherlands. Contemporary illustrations - mainly photographs - show the uniforms as they were worn by their famous owners, along with other well-known as well as unknown generals and officers. These complement and help to illustrate the text and the items of uniform and equipment shown in the colour photographs. The book is structured in such a way that it deals first with the generals and then the war ministries of the kingdoms of Prussia, Bavaria, Saxony and Wurttemberg followed by their general staffs. Due to the size of the Prussian Army, its generals make up the body of the first part of the book, followed by the Prussian generals in the contingents of the Grand Duchies of Hesse and Mecklenburg-Schwerin, all illustrated by original pieces. Next, the generals of Wurttemberg, Saxony and Bavaria along with the Duchy of Brunswick are covered and this part closes with a chapter on the Oberst in the position of a General. The second and third parts of the book deal with the various German war ministries and general staffs, in each case providing an outline of their historical development followed by descriptions.

MAP
    ?

Title: The German Infantry - Volume I & II
    Year: 2008
    Language: Appears to be English (also appears to be available in French & German)
    ISBN-10: 3902526238
    ISBN-13: 978-3902526236
    Hardcover with Slipcase: 864 pages

Notes: Two-volume work (with slipcase) of over 864 pages, gives the first complete and almost uninterrupted picture of the development of the uniforms worn by the German Infantry, from the birth of the Empire in 1871 to the eve of WWI in 1914, with detailed descriptions and illustrations and photos of a largely unknown body of headgear, uniforms and equipment.

MAP
    ?

Title: The German Cavalry from 1871 to 1914: Uniforms and Equipment
    Year: 2006
    Language: Appears to be English (also appears to be available in French & German)
    ISBN-10: 3902526076
    ISBN-13: 978-3902526076
    Hardcover with Dust Jacket: 629 pages

Notes: illustrated book shows the uniforms, equipment and armament of the entire German cavalry from the foundation of the Empire in 1871 to the eve of the First World War in 1914. Not only can the collector learn a wealth of new aspects, the military historian can also gain a valuable overview due to the well. 1,500 photos

MAP
    ?

Title: The German Reichswehr : Uniforms and Equipment of the German Army from 1919 to 1932
    Author: Aldolf Schlicht & Jürgen Kraus
    Year: 2005
    ISBN-10: 3902526017
    ISBN-13: 978-3902526014
    Hardcover with Dust Jacket: 629 pages

Notes: Describes and shows in minute detail the entire clothing and equipment of the German Army from 1919 to 1932. More than 1000 photographs and illustrations show the appearance of the German Reichswehr, which developed in the Weimar Republic immediately after the first World War and whose uniforms and items of equipment were still in use up to the Second World War. During the experimental phase of the Provisional Reichswehr 1919/1920, an entirely new course was taken in the design of uniforms, but with the establishment of the final Reichswehr in 1920 uniforms received their last appearance with a return to more traditional designs. Following the German Army in the First World War, a modern standard uniform was created with an entirely new system of insignia. Its components, including insignia and personal items of equipment, are described in detail, and the text is based on comprehensive research of sources. All the items of clothing are shown to the viewer in brilliant color photographs. For this purpose the assets of the Bayerisches Armeemuseum could be utilized for the first time, which also contain an impressive collection of original samples. Additions are provided by important artifacts from the Wehrgeschichtliches Museum in Rastatt and from private collections. Contemporary black and white photographs show the way the artifacts were worn or carried. Often the photographs show officers who were to gain military fame years later in the Second World War

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast