Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 3rd Reich Police Badge Authentication good or bad?

Article about: Hello all i am asking an authentication of this nazi police cap badge i picked up from a fellow collector recently! While i lately have just been collecting US stuff i occasionally will pick

Default WW2 3rd Reich Police Badge Authentication good or bad?

Hello all i am asking an authentication of this nazi police cap badge i picked up from a fellow collector recently! While i lately have just been collecting US stuff i occasionally will pick up a third reich piece here or there! This piece looks different then my other police cap badge and i just wanted to know if was a fake or a repro! Thanks to all who comment for your help on this piece!
    WW2 3rd Reich Police Badge Authentication good or bad?WW2 3rd Reich Police Badge Authentication good or bad?WW2 3rd Reich Police Badge Authentication good or bad?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 3rd Reich Police Badge Authentication good or bad?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Welcome Deepwater. I think this stands a chance. But best wait for others.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks Map, hopefully some other will chime in on it! Anyone else ?

- - ------- - -

To all the images look much clearer if you click on them! Thanks

Yep, nothing wrong with that one.
    An enlisted mans Schutzpolizei cap badge with colour due to patina. There were quite few makers of these, some badges were marked some not. This one is'nt.

Here are some more for comparison;

1. Officers 1st pattern. Plated brass / tombak.
    2. Officers 2nd pattern. Aluminium plated and frosted.
    3. Enlisted /Other ranks. Plain aluminium.

WW2 3rd Reich Police Badge Authentication good or bad?WW2 3rd Reich Police Badge Authentication good or bad?WW2 3rd Reich Police Badge Authentication good or bad?WW2 3rd Reich Police Badge Authentication good or bad?WW2 3rd Reich Police Badge Authentication good or bad?WW2 3rd Reich Police Badge Authentication good or bad?
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Thank watchdog i appreciate your help! The coloring on mine sure does look different the the one shown but i know there is a fair bit of variation between makers! Thanks again for all of your help! Glad i was able to learn a few things about them! I believe i have a few of the 1st pattern examples that previously i had authenticated! Cheers

Quote by deepwaterdiver View Post
    Thank watchdog i appreciate your help! The coloring on mine sure does look different the the one shown but i know there is a fair bit of variation between makers! Thanks again for all of your help! Glad i was able to learn a few things about them! I believe i have a few of the 1st pattern examples that previously i had authenticated! Cheers
    I think the colour difference in yours is a matter of patina. The OR's version had very little finish unlike the plated officers versions.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."