Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

British MK6 /MK6 A Helmet Covers

Article about: Just to start a thread on the different Covers and makers for discussion Ill start with a few of my examples Beginning with this Desert (OP Granby period )Dashmore clothing ltd Example

Thanks Roberto My examples seem to be split between Small /Medium and Large /Outsize only but i will certainly look out for an example like yours in future

Here's a DPM example with an unusual elastic strap attached. The attachment/sewing is well done but I can't see it being official....but what's it for? It can't be for a Mockingbird....how would you get it onto the strap?..and it's forward-facing (assuming laces-to-the-rear)...would he really need another foliage strap just below the other one?

British MK6 /MK6 A Helmet CoversBritish MK6 /MK6 A Helmet CoversBritish MK6 /MK6 A Helmet CoversBritish MK6 /MK6 A Helmet CoversBritish MK6 /MK6 A Helmet Covers

..and whilst we're at it......I'd welcome thoughts on these 2......'no labels or stamps, one has Mk6-esque side reinforcements, both are BIG, laces seem familiar, cut and make-up are pretty much as per Mk6 ones.....both have metal lace eyelets so not your run-of-the-mill made-by-mum......

Number 1:-

British MK6 /MK6 A Helmet CoversBritish MK6 /MK6 A Helmet CoversBritish MK6 /MK6 A Helmet CoversBritish MK6 /MK6 A Helmet Covers

...and Number 2:-

British MK6 /MK6 A Helmet CoversBritish MK6 /MK6 A Helmet CoversBritish MK6 /MK6 A Helmet CoversBritish MK6 /MK6 A Helmet Covers

Quote by Composite View Post
    Here's a DPM example with an unusual elastic strap attached. The attachment/sewing is well done but I can't see it being official....but what's it for? It can't be for a Mockingbird....how would you get it onto the strap?..and it's forward-facing (assuming laces-to-the-rear)...would he really need another foliage strap just below the other one?

British MK6 /MK6 A Helmet CoversBritish MK6 /MK6 A Helmet CoversBritish MK6 /MK6 A Helmet CoversBritish MK6 /MK6 A Helmet CoversBritish MK6 /MK6 A Helmet Covers
    Speaking from experience, my best guess for the extra elastic would be for use as a chinstrap whilst wearing a respirator.
    "Per Ardua"

An interesting subject and I wish this sort of stuff had been recorded when WWII helmets were as common as the modern types!

I have seen covers marked ; Small, Medium, Large and Outsize as well as those marked; Small/Medium, Medium/Large and Large/Outsize and aslo Regular whatever regular means. Of course there are other colours besides camouflage depending on the purpose;

How about this one?

I have a white one somewhere, just can't seem to find it and there are black ones used by the RN and one or two other "odds and ends"

I include here another Mk6 MTP just for the "made in china" label "WTF"?

British MK6 /MK6 A Helmet CoversBritish MK6 /MK6 A Helmet Covers

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 02-07-2017 at 05:59 PM. Reason: missing pics
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Thanks for adding more covers to the thread Composite and Mark Composite I agree with Paul and say used as a chinstrap when respirator mask was worn
    Nice and unusual mk6 style covers too and if my eyes don't deceive me a 3 or is it a four colour ddpm ,I'm only familiar with the more simplified 2 colour introduced around 1990 allthough i am aware a four colour desert pattern was trialed sometime earlier pehaps in the 1980's but your cover throws up the question why a gs mk6 design ,the other open weave cover is interesting too and know of no other that I'm aware of ,How frustrating the most interesting covers have no labels

[QUOTE=Composite;1709382]..and whilst we're at it......I'd welcome thoughts on these 2......'no labels or stamps, one has Mk6-esque side reinforcements, both are BIG, laces seem familiar, cut and make-up are pretty much as per Mk6 ones.....both have metal lace eyelets so not your run-of-the-mill made-by-mum......

Number 1:-

British MK6 /MK6 A Helmet CoversBritish MK6 /MK6 A Helmet CoversBritish MK6 /MK6 A Helmet CoversBritish MK6 /MK6 A Helmet Covers[/QUOTE
    Just a thought Composite but could this desert dpm derivative which is showing at least a 3rd darker overprint be a PECOC trials cover ?

I have thought about that...and I've looked at PECOC pics for a match....if they ARE I've got a couple on nice hosts for them....... ;-)

The metal eyelets are the mystery for me....why bother with eyelets when there's no labels / other niceties????

I was also thinking this cover is a PECOC trials cover I had a shirt in the same camo a few years ago

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast