Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

carcano m38 folding bayonet wont fold

Article about: I just picked this up last night the sn is 15685 with AT in a circle

Default carcano m38 folding bayonet wont fold

I just picked this up last night the sn is 15685 with AT in a circle
    carcano m38 folding bayonet wont foldcarcano m38 folding bayonet wont foldcarcano m38 folding bayonet wont foldcarcano m38 folding bayonet wont foldcarcano m38 folding bayonet wont foldcarcano m38 folding bayonet wont foldcarcano m38 folding bayonet wont foldcarcano m38 folding bayonet wont fold

Does it move in out out at all? If it moves a little I would lube it up for a few days and keep working it. Are there any weld marks? They stopped producing the folding bayonet and welded existing ones to created a fixed bayonet that did not rattle.
    John

it moves I can hold the handle and rattle it. I am not sure why it wont fold. if I push the button and pull the blade it will come out a little.

ok I got it after half a can a wd-40 sore hands it works I will post pictures tomorrow

I would clean it with some starting fluid and lube with Break Free CLP. Let it sit for a couple of days with CLP and it should work fine.
    John

MAP
    ?

Nice piece. Been wanted to find one of these for years (at not crazy prices of course)
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Nice piece. Been wanted to find one of these for years (at not crazy prices of course)
    a friend of mine who is a dealer got the rifle with bayonet for $300 I bought the bayonet from him for $140 don't think I did to bad if you seen it in person you would see how nice it is my pictures make it look bad.

ok here it is happy I got it fixed
    carcano m38 folding bayonet wont foldcarcano m38 folding bayonet wont foldcarcano m38 folding bayonet wont foldcarcano m38 folding bayonet wont fold

any one know what the AT in a circle mean

here is a picture

carcano m38 folding bayonet wont fold

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast