Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Bundeswehr Splittertarnmuster camo uniform?

Article about: I don't really collect Bundeswehr uniforms (though I do have a BGS Sumpftarn jacket) but I spotted this camo jacket and trousers for sale and I'm thinking 1956 Splittertarnmuster pattern? Th

Now John knew a stylish jacket when he saw one. Not sure we could say the same of the other members of the Fab Four. Who seem horribly stranded in 1968. Which just goes to prove, camo streetwear never dates.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bundeswehr Splittertarnmuster camo uniform?
    P
    Many

My Bundeswehr Splittertarnmuster jacket and trousers arrived. So here's a couple of close up photos. Those metal trouser buttons sure seem familiar. Sort of things you see on SS Erbsentarn trousers.

Bundeswehr Splittertarnmuster camo uniform?Bundeswehr Splittertarnmuster camo uniform?

I recently discovered the makers label for the jacket inside an inner pocket. It had the maker "RKK" and date 11.56 , meaning November 1956, so it would appear to be a early production example.
    Last edited by Anderson; 12-11-2018 at 12:31 AM.

Myself wore (just in Training) still in 1962 there are two brass loops over the Pockets (no one know then what they designed for? Hanging Grenades on?) a Cloth Belt was worn with the Pants.. then we get the new "Filzlaus"
    Combat Uniform..since then obsolete..shall be some around?
    Best Germanski
    Last edited by Germanski; 10-28-2018 at 08:46 AM. Reason: addition

The belt that was worn over this tunic is a rarely seen beast. Note the black & white photo on page 1. During this stage there were no ammunition pouches attached to the belt with ammo actually carried in the tunic pockets, Swiss style.

Yep an ugly Belt - we used still in the 1960's the smaller version as Trouser belt..hated that so I used my own purchased Leather belt with double Prongs..Bundeswehr Splittertarnmuster camo uniform?
    Best Germanski

Thank you Germanski it's been interesting to get your perspective as someone who wore the uniform. I agree the standard belt is shockingly ugly and I'm not surprised few have survived to today.

Hi , I think the Idea was to "change anything in the New Bundeswehr " what reminded on the "Wehrmacht".we had some "Freedom of Choice" like have our own Boots/Belts ( The Company Cobbler fixed "Heel Irons" had to Pay for..) The Cantine sold some "Side Caps" Whistles ect..some used..well the Volonteers ..the "Conscripts " ain't care anyway's..There was also Taylors in Town who make better Uniform Effects.. P.S.: To the "Tarn Anzug" there was a Camo Cloth Belt with a Brass Fastener worn with the Pants,mostly missing now..
    Last edited by Germanski; 11-01-2018 at 09:43 AM. Reason: additional

Quote by Anderson View Post
    My Bundeswehr Splittertarnmuster jacket and trousers arrived. So here's a couple of close up photos. Those metal trouser buttons sure seem familiar. Sort of things you see on SS Erbsentarn trousers.

Bundeswehr Splittertarnmuster camo uniform?Bundeswehr Splittertarnmuster camo uniform?
    I wouldn't say the buttons are similar to the ss thingy's!!! well not similar to my dot patt

The development of the 1956 Bundeswehr Splittertarn uniform was based in on the earlier 1955 European Army Project (EVG). In it the Bundeswehr trialed a camouflage uniform using a version of SS Leibermuster. This camo pattern was later rejected in favour of Splittertarn (maybe for political reasons). The Swiss a few years later were using their own version of Leibermuster.

The Splittertarn tunic and trousers have the same cut as the Liebermuster EVG uniform. Curiously they also included the "D" rings over the breast pockets which were designed to attach the EVG backpack. But the Bundewehr never adopted the EVG backpack.

Bundeswehr Splittertarnmuster camo uniform?Bundeswehr Splittertarnmuster camo uniform?Bundeswehr Splittertarnmuster camo uniform?Bundeswehr Splittertarnmuster camo uniform?

Ha! now another Mysterie solved the "D Rings" over the Breast Pockets ( I never know before)
    Thanks & Regards Germanski

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast