Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Sold today for 25,000 euro!

Article about: All too true my friend. Just this very evening I tried to interact with the members of a certain musical group that I've been a fan of since I was 14 or 15. Unfortunately, the IQ of members

Default Re: Sold today for 25,000 euro!

But this cap is the most handsome to appear recently, and it now resides with a collector likely in China or somewhere far from the SOS or MAX metropoles.Sold today for 25,000 euro!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sold today for 25,000 euro!
    P
    Many

I took these images while recently in Potsdam, and these contain no "dead heads" nor "fore head free pressure" nor check list of Lubstein ventilation grommets in brass or black metal nor "crimped prongs."Sold today for 25,000 euro!Sold today for 25,000 euro! Rather, here stands a nice May afternoon in the year 2011. Perhaps these images form a corrective to the paranoia, fear and loathing of the world wide web of foetid headwear? When I was a student in Bonn in the early '70s , a visit to Frederick's palace was an impossibility, which is now routine.

I went there, of course, to visit the grave of Frederick II and also to free myself of professional cares and worries in the 21st century with reflection on the 18th.Sold today for 25,000 euro!

I went to Schloss Bellevue, too, where I had never been, and which I much enjoyed. The Prussian aesthetic, restored after the destruction of 1939-45, is appealing.Sold today for 25,000 euro!

The world of absolutism has its appealing facets, and one notices that it still exists today despite what others have suggested about biblical prophecy and the like.
    One can be thankful for something, then, even with pressure on one's forehead from foetid woolens.Sold today for 25,000 euro!Sold today for 25,000 euro!Sold today for 25,000 euro!Sold today for 25,000 euro!Sold today for 25,000 euro!Sold today for 25,000 euro!Sold today for 25,000 euro!Sold today for 25,000 euro!
    I wonder if the nice Koelnerin in Karneval would have made it or not?

Here is a really good SS General fake made up to look like a Kleiderkasse piece:

https://www.blackcrossmilitaria.com/...991bbf1052d0e6
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Actually, this piece above puts me in mind of the Atwood fakes of the 1960s, but to each his own. Notice the width of the samtene Muetzenband, which should be around 4.5 to 5 cms. Moreover, the crown piping does not look so well executed, either, but whatever. Nor is the field grey actually the right shade for wartime caps, either....Sold today for 25,000 euro!Sold today for 25,000 euro!

A noted publisher tried to stick me with one of the Atwood fakes sometime in the early '90s. Very droll, really. It was similar to this thing, but had a cotton liner versus a satin or imitation silk one.

In any case, you people seized of taxonomies and typologies of fakes should make a thread of these, but make sure you do not make any mistakes, and if you do, do make sure to correct them which has not happened on the other site. And also make sure you include in your work some of the insights that this site has gleaned as regards cap making as it really was versus the nonsense and ahistorical crap as on the dorkimer site.

?

Duplicate, please remove.

?

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Here is a really good SS General fake made up to look like a Kleiderkasse piece:
    At least this one is advertised for what it is. We must be grateful for small mercies!

Quote by BenVK View Post
    At least this one is advertised for what it is. We must be grateful for small mercies!
    Very true, indeed.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast