Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

German fire parade axe

Article about: Have thw opportunity to buy this axe have never held one or even seen one in person . what do you guys think . Gary

?

Kris that would be great Thank you

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German fire parade axe
    P
    Many

Sorry,I don't like it too.
    In my opinion this is not from that era, it looks like someone made this recently.

Gary,

Looking at the axe again, I noticed that the ornate tacks holding the small plate on the side look very much like upholstery tacks used on chairs... So I too agree with the others that this is not a traditional one normally seen but perhaps it was a local one of kind item..

Still not convinced this is TR era...

Smitty

?

Thanks guys I appreciate all the opinions and help thank you very much.

I don't think this is Third Reich made and it's not of a design usually seen. I agree with Smitty's comment regarding the tacks holding the plate to the handle. They just look wrong.

Junk

Nothing I ever seen or encountered and looks like carved wood dowel with added upholstery tacks.
    The Craftmanship is not there...and an added swastika just doesnt represent anything other than this being a created " Nazi Axe "

Below are 2 pics one being a standard Firemans dress axe and the other a senior version.
    I have never seen swastikas in any of these examples.

German fire parade axeGerman fire parade axe
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thank you Larry

Hey Garry,

i asked my pall and he gave a "careful" negative advice too.
    His answer was quiet elaborated, but I'll give it to you later on.
    Have to go now.

cheers
    Kris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Ok, I am back.
    Here is the translation of his comment (I "corrected" the text after using a on-line translator, it still contains fault, but it is the best I could do, without changing to much of the original meaning....!);

As far as the ax you are sending me:

That is really something that I would like to have in my hands to express a definitive opinion on it.

I have not seen this version yet and believe me I do not think there will be the last three years

much on the net that has appeared from honorary axes , that I haven't seen .

I myself now own four.

If that swastika is embossed on it, that would be a good thing.

In other words, the black part could look ok.

If it is just painted, leave .

The decoration on the wood is nonsense. It is a piece of a scabbard of an Austrian short sword from the fire brigade.

And fixed with ridiculous nails. No German or Austrian would finish a weapon like that.

Such a sword can be seen on ebay US. Search for Fire Man sword and you will find it immediately.

If you do not succeed I send a picture of a dagger of mine.

Your friend should not spend too much because of the Swastika on it, I do not really believe in that ax and you can buy much better things.

Depending on who and where, the asking prices range could go from 350 to 1200.

And for exceptionally beautiful axes with ebony and bone or ivory, gilded and with enamel, that can go up to three times more.

But then they are on the sites of the big traders and they also stay there for an eternity.

I bought the ax in annex on eBay Germany for 360 euros and a much nicer one for 300 in Brasschaat.

I do not immediately have a photo of the last one.

For anything from 650 to 800 I know a much nicer and rarer ax with swastike for sale on a site in Germany.

One that is 100% original and a model that was already worn in the German empire. The only difference is that a small emblem was placed on both sides of the stem.

Fire brigade official daggers and axes never wore a swastika, unless the owner ordered or ordered a donated uniform weapon himself.

Personally, I would not buy these axes.
    cheers
    Kris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

Thank you Kris and everybody else I will pass on this axe . thank you guys again Gary

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast