Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

party membership card

Article about: just to share this card ive recently picked up to add to my small soviet collection ,any help on the translation or information regarding the member would be superb as id like to learn

Default party membership card

just to share this card ive recently picked up to add to my small soviet collection ,any help on the translation or information regarding the member would be superb as id like to learn a little about him party membership cardparty membership cardparty membership cardparty membership card
    Last edited by James C; 04-09-2015 at 08:01 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement party membership card
    P
    Many

Hi James, moved it here to the correct forum for you.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

sorry ade ,and thanks

It is a large Communist Party Membership Identification Book, #18860553. These came in two sizes, large and small, and I am always amazed at their beautiful calligraphy. I have attached another example of both the large and small for Ivan Fedorovich Mozula for purposes of comparison. (He was a KGB Officer.) Note how the serial number is the same in both the large and small editions.

What little I can tell you is that Lubomir Volodimirovich Boyko, was a male, born 1947, in the Kozlov Bussk Region, L’viv (Lvov) Oblast Ukraine SSR. His nationality is Ukrainian, as is his native language. He was a member of the VLKSM, or Komsomol (All-Union Leninist Young Communist League) a youth organization controlled by the Communist Party of the Soviet Union from 1963, at the age of 16, until 1975, when he would have been 18. He became a member of the Communist Party in July, 1978, at the age of 21, first as a “candidate” by the Bussky District Committee of the Communist Party of Ukraine, L’viv Oblast, and later as a “member” in August, 1978, again by the same organization.

On the next page we see his photograph and the date of issue for the identification book, September 25th, 1979. Additional information includes his acceptance of the party’s card, #03758321 and further resolution regarding his membership by the bureau of the aforementioned organization, order #11, on August 28th, 1979. There is a section on his level of education, and that he attended school in L’viv in 1971 where he studied railway transportation.

I am sure other forum members more literate who will be able to fill in the obvious blanks of my presentation.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture party membership card   party membership card  

party membership card   party membership card  

bill can i just say a huge thanks for your time and effort in answering my question ,i could'nt have got a better response ,i have agree the calligraphy is very nice ,great to have a KGB officers membership that is really special ,would this of been noted on his membership card or did you research his name ,many thanks again james

You're welcome, James, my pleassure.

It was already researched when purchased. The second page of his large party identification book posted above lists his military service July, 1944 to May, 1951 at the rank of “private”, and then KGB service May, 1951 until September, 1983 in Leningrad and Tashkent, UzSSR, retiring in 1983 to positions of Factory Security Chief and as a University Deputy Personnel Director. Here are some additional documents from his group.

- Hardcover Identification Book, #330, with photograph (MOOP?) dated June 22nd, 1962

- Military Reserve Officer Identification Book, #222946, dated November 3rd, 1969 with photograph and listing as “Commandant”, June, 1951 to October, 1955, and military service December 23rd, 1944 to October 15th, 1955

- Hardcover Identification Book awarding the “Gold Badge” of the GTO Sport Organization dated April 13th, 1973

- Small Communist Party Booklet, #02516009, dated May 7th, 1973 with dues paid June, 1973 to July, 1991 (posted above)

- Large Communist Party Booklet, #02516609, dated May 7th, 1973 (posted above)

- Hardcover “Diploma” from Tashkent State University, #160717, dated June 23rd, 1973 conferring qualifications as an attorney

- 1975 Victory Day personalized congratulatory note from the KGB with facsimile signature of Yuri Andropov

- 1975 Victory Day personalized congratulatory note from the UzSSR KGB leadership

- Hardcover Factory Identification Book with photograph (Chief of Security, retired?) dated October 31st, 1984

- Military Base Pass with photograph allowing access to Military Base 22 from May 7th, 1986 to May 7th, 1987

- Veteran Identification Book, #086143, with photograph (retired KGB Officer?) dated May 8th, 1991
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture party membership card   party membership card  

party membership card  

bill a fascinating grouping and a real nice set to own ,thank you once again for your valued help and comments