Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Here's three more

Article about: I'm enjoying posting these: Most were purchased through an aquaintance who traveled to danzig and konigsberg in the 1990's. I purchased a couple of hundred over a five year period. These 3 h

?

Default Here's three more

I'm enjoying posting these: Most were purchased through an aquaintance who traveled to danzig and konigsberg in the 1990's. I purchased a couple of hundred over a five year period. These 3 have never been researched:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Here's three more   Here's three more  

Here's three more  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Here's three more
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Here's three more

The Panzer one is great, and the Fallschirmjager is either 12. Sturm-Regiment or 7./ FJR 6 according to the list I have. The SS Reiter is interesting- it's odd that it is written as 1. SS Reiter Regiment rather than the usual SS Reiter Regiment 1; normally that'd be good evidence of it being fake, and the somewhat crude letters would be at least cause for suspicion- but has good features too like the makeshift 'A' blood group letter, the period-style numbers (with the significant curls), and the very realistic-looking wear on the top holes and cord mark between them. I'd be more inclined to see that one as an odd original than a fake.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

Thanks Matt! is the 1ss reiters a kossack unit?

?

I'm not sure; it looks as though it could have been a short-term iteration of the SS-Kavallerie-Regiment 2- according to a source posting on the Axis History Forum:

"1.06.1940 formed 2. SS-Totenkopf Reiter Standarte from elements (squadrons) of 1. SS-Totenkopf Reiter Standarte
    6.12.1940 renamed 1. SS-Totenkopf Reiter Regiment - II. Halbregiment (end of separating)
    25.02.1941 reformed SS-Kavallerie Regiment 2. [1. - 5. Reiter Schw., 6 s. Schw.]
    22.10.1943 renamed SS-Kavallerie Regiment 16."

So the placement of the '1' I mentioned as being odd may not be so; the lack of the 'Totenkopf' though makes it harder to demonstrate this is the right unit. I also can't confirm what this guy wrote- my reference says little about the SS-Totenkopf-Reiter-Standarten, and the Lexikon der Wehrmacht just confirms the split of the Reiter-Standarten into two half-regiments, but doesn't specifically say one would have been called 1. SS-Totenkopf-Reiter-Regiment. Unfortunately, it has no listings for the SS-Kavallerie-Regimenter yet.

Maybe Stacez knows more? He seems to find great unit information...

?

Hello,

I'd say this EKM comes from SS Reiter-Regiment 1 what was just another name for SS-Kavallerie-Regiment 1 (under SS-Kavallerie-Division).
    Lexikon der Wehrmacht

?

Yeah, what that guy wrote was a bit off- apparently it was the 1. and 2. SS-Totenkopf-Reiter-Standarten that became SS-Totenkopf-Kavallerie-Regiment 1 and that was apparently redesignated in 1941 as SS-Kavallerie-Regiment 1- but was also known as SS-Reiter-Regiment 1 according to this list of Ritterkreuzträger I found:

SS-Kavallerie – Regiment 1 „Florian Geyer“ / SS-Reiter – Regiment 1 :
    6. Charpentier von, Hans-Georg 29.12.1942 SS-Hauptsturmführer d.R. Chef 3./SS-RR 1
    7. Göhler, Johannes 17.09.1943 SS-Obersturmführer Chef 4./SS-Kav.Rgt 1
    8. Lombard, Gustav 10.03.1943 SS-Obersturmbannführer d.R. Kdr SS-Kav.Rgt 1
    9. Nowak, Alfred 01.11.1943 SS-Oberscharführer d.R. Zugführer i. d. 3./SS-Kav.Rgt 1

The only explanation I can come up with for the still weird placement of the 1 is that
    it's just a result of all the odd name changes and the fact that once the 1 was indeed at the beginning when it was 1. SS-Totenkopf-Reiter-Standarte.