Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Fez with unknown Crown marking

Article about: HI guys. I went to an estate sale this morning and found some nice military pieces - I will be posting more soon. I am not sure exactly what the crown marking is inside the Fez. I have been

Default Fez with unknown Crown marking

HI guys. I went to an estate sale this morning and found some nice military pieces - I will be posting more soon. I am not sure exactly what the crown marking is inside the Fez. I have been trying to figure it out, but nothing. Ideas? Egyptian??Fez with unknown Crown markingFez with unknown Crown markingFez with unknown Crown marking

I believe its Ottoman and could be a typical souvenier from WWI. When the British conquered Palestine in 1918 and broke the Ottoman Empire. But condition looks a little to nice for me. The crown marking is an Cristian kings crown with Ottoman Islamic symbols instead of the Christian cross. On the crown circlet is witten Ottoman Turkish (it's not arabic), that's why it must be a piece from before the 1920s - provided it's an original. Maybe it's the makers name. A man who can read Ottoman Turkish could translate it.

Thanks, I just sent it to a Turkish friend of mine in Turkey who is a translator for the US embassy. Hopefully, they can find someone who can read it. I will be sure to let you know.