Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Help identifying a German WW1 pickelhaube

Article about: Hi everyone, I'm asking for help to identify one of my three helmets (I have a couple of other threads elsewhere on this forum in, hopefully, their appropriate subforums asking the same thin

MAP
    ?

I see now that I was mistaken and it is steel fittings and not nickel silver. The extra holes look fine.

All looks ok with the afore mentioned condition issues, repro chin strap and repainted cockades.

The helmet can be restored (less the liner). Original cockades can be found and the visors can be restitched. Just need to find a buyer willing to take on this task as it will add extra costs and still will be missing a liner.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help identifying a German WW1 pickelhaube
    P
    Many

?

The two smaller spaced holes are made of brass and the front visor is cut out. Perhaps the original version was the Bavarian or Saxon Pickelhaube 1895, their wappen have smaller spacing. Later, for the needs of the war, the fittings were replaced with gray metal ones and were made of Prussian ones. The easiest way would be to glue the back of the peak, someone tried to sew it because the seams are different. Overall, the pickelhaube is very nice.

?

You mean, the worst way would be to glue the back of the peak...
    Careful hand-stitching, following the original holes, is by far the best way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2