Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Austrian M75

Article about: I just traded my friend 5 or so modern military patches for this helmet, most all the paint has either peeled off or it had been repainted once before and that is gone. Thanks for looking at

My collection latest addition. "10 lober" +helmet band.

Austrian M75 Austrian M75 Austrian M75

Quote by Bernhard View Post
    My fellow collectors ,

My newest addition to the Stahlhelm shelf is this nice
    1959 U.Sch. shell with replaced chinstraps.

In march 1964 the austrian defense ministery wrote out a contract
    for some steel helmet spares ....

5.000 steelhelmet chinstraps with ball closure
    8.500 leather headbands for the liner
    7.500 nape straps short with 4 clips

This could be one helmet that got one of these replacement chinstraps .

Attachment 1241154Attachment 1241155Attachment 1241156Attachment 1241157Attachment 1241158
    Hi, mates,
    I received this helmet a few days ago, in which, quite obviously, the chin strap had also been replaced, but here it was only riveted to the bails of the shell with a single rivet.

Also interesting to me is the gray color of the helmet, which can still be seen clearly in the dome of the shell.
    On the outside of the shell you can still see a gray base coat underneath the typical brown-green color of the helmet.

At first I thought of a "Gray" from the ÖBH's "Donauflottille", but a collector friend didn't confirm this to me.
    He said there were actually "gray" helmets in the ÖBH.
    I now have the question:
    Was the helmet originally "gray" and was later oversprayed in "earth brown" / "earth green", or vice versa? ...

I couldn't find any signs about the manufacturer on the shell, the liner indicates the manufacturer Ulbricht's Witwe, Schwanenstadt.

Austrian M75Austrian M75Austrian M75Austrian M75Austrian M75

Austrian M75Austrian M75Austrian M75Austrian M75Austrian M75Austrian M75Austrian M75Austrian M75

Austrian M75Austrian M75Austrian M75

The liner:

Austrian M75Austrian M75Austrian M75Austrian M75

Quote by Reibert View Post
    Also interesting to me is the gray color of the helmet, which can still be seen clearly in the dome of the shell.
    On the outside of the shell you can still see a gray base coat underneath the typical brown-green color of the helmet.
    See also another copy in #38 on page 4 in this thread !

Quote by Reibert View Post

At first I thought of a "Gray" from the ÖBH's "Donauflottille", but a collector friend didn't confirm this to me.
    He said there were actually "gray" helmets in the ÖBH.
    As mentioned, I was initially of the opinion that my helmet with gray paint inside the dome of the shell was a helmet of a crew member of one of the boats of the "Donauflotille" of the ÖBH, possibly a crew member of the Patrouillenboot "Niederösterreich", or, "Oberst Brecht".

These two PT boates were decommissioned in August 2006 and I assume(d) that the helmets of the crew members, (which could actually have been sprayed gray), were re-sprayed on the outside in the color for the infantry for further use, on the inside but remained gray.

But our colleague Bernhard, who has already spoken here in the thread and whom I know personally and also highly respect, told me that he cannot confirm this.

First post for me - Nice to see all of your helmets, he's my example 76 shell and a 74 liner! Named to an officer.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Austrian M75   Austrian M75  

Austrian M75   Austrian M75  

Austrian M75   Austrian M75  

Austrian M75  
    Last edited by John Robbins; 01-09-2024 at 07:35 AM.

Here he is on the bottom left with some Australian and American friends.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Austrian M75  

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast