Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

German Staff Car / Vehicle Flag ?

Article about: New to this forum so thank you for letting me join. I wondered if you could identify this flag. My father brought it back from Corfu more than 50 years ago. He said he bought it in an antiqu

Default German Staff Car / Vehicle Flag ?

New to this forum so thank you for letting me join.

I wondered if you could identify this flag. My father brought it back from Corfu more than 50 years ago. He said he bought it in an antique shop and that it had been on a German staff car. Is this likely and is there a market for an item like this. I am interested in you opinions and any information you may have.

Many thanks,German Staff Car / Vehicle Flag ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Staff Car / Vehicle Flag ?
    P
    Many

You will need to take more pictures of the Eagle, close up images of the border in order to examine the stitching and the pole itself. Look for any marks on the pole and take images of the backside.

One image will not be much help for us to closely examine and determine authenticity.

You said your father bought it at an antique shop.. Unfortunately, that is where the story ends. It may have been on a staff car but without absolute direct proof and provenance there is no way of knowing this. It has always been said to buy the item and not the story..

If this is authentic then yes, it is collectible. (Please do not ask what it's worth) as the topic of prices is very subjective and we are not focused on the prices of items here on the forum. You can investigate prices of these items by looking at militaria auction sites..

Based solely on the single image this appears to be a German Army Staff Car Pennet (Wimple), but again Closer images, especially of the yellow braid on the edge will help determine if this is a General Staff Officer or simply a Staff Officer car pennant.

Lets see some more pictures please..

Best regards

Smitty

Hello and welcome to the forum!

I can't help you with the question of authenticity, but the flag and it's mounting system look pretty similar to one weitze sold some time ago.
    Unfortunately I can't open the website anymore, as the item seems to be deleted from the shop.

It was offered as Wehrmacht Offizier Vehicle Flag.

Greetings from northern Germany!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Staff Car / Vehicle Flag ?  

It looks like an original Heer staff car pennant to me.
    There are variations in these, I have seen them with this eagle before.

There have been a few of these posted over the years, you could have a look for older threads.
    German Car Pennant
    Heer Vehicle pennant opinions
    General’s Vehicle Pennant

Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

You guys are really good on this forum. Thank you for all the information.

I have been out crop spraying until now so tomorrow when I get some time I will post you a few more pictures. Many thanks

Default More photos

Enclosed are some more photos of the German Staff Car Flag.German Staff Car / Vehicle Flag ?

Enclosed are some more photos of the German Staff Car Flag.German Staff Car / Vehicle Flag ?

Default Another photo

Enclosed are some more photos of the German Staff Car Flag. German Staff Car / Vehicle Flag ?

Default Final photo

Enclosed is the final photo of the German Staff Car Flag. Showing dimensions. My father who bought the flag back from Corfu died 10 years ago so I can not ask him where he bought it from. He did like something of quality , which this is as you can see by the photo of the stitching.

It is for sale so where do you recommend I go to market it ?

Regards,

German Staff Car / Vehicle Flag ?

Thank you for the wonderful pictures...

This is a great authentic Staff Car pennant. Excellent embroidery and just some minor rusting on the pole itself, but a very solid example.

We have a Sale Section right here on the forum and I am sure that some interested members may reach out to you.

See the link below.

Third Reich militaria - Militaria Collectibles buy - sell at War Relics

A great piece...

Smitty