Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

The M31 Canteen and its Variants

Article about: The M31 Canteen and its Variants Because of my growing knowledge and interest in canteens I would like to create this thread to help anyone with questions about canteens, and I would like an

Here is another example of a “Coconut Canteen” this example has all matching HRE maker marks and the cup and body are both dated 1943. The cap is resin, the same resin mixture as the cover. The steel clip has a very light grey paint along with the webbing clasp. Interestingly the clasp here is not dated only maker marked. (See the fifth picture)

The Cup is the painted steel type, this example has the red primer layer for extra rust prevention, (visible on the interior of the cup). The exterior paint layer is a lighter green. Like the body it is marked HRE 43. These steel cups vary in size and are nearly always smaller in capacity than the aluminium cups.

The webbing straps shown here are a mix of dark green and the regular tan color. Majority are dark green with the vertical strap on the backside is tan.

The M31 Canteen and its VariantsThe M31 Canteen and its VariantsThe M31 Canteen and its VariantsThe M31 Canteen and its Variants
    The M31 Canteen and its VariantsThe M31 Canteen and its Variants

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The M31 Canteen and its Variants
    P
    Many

Hello.
    Eventhough this type of cap is the one that should be specific to the coconut canteens it less seen thant the black bakelite variations used also on normal canteens.
    So far the only ones I have seen were mismatched or on wrecked coconut canteens, this is really a nice example, congratulations are in order.

The M31 Canteen and its VariantsThe M31 Canteen and its VariantsThe M31 Canteen and its VariantsThe M31 Canteen and its VariantsThe M31 Canteen and its VariantsThe M31 Canteen and its Variants ONFIG]1592922[/ATTACH]The M31 Canteen and its VariantsGood day, I'm interested in opinions on the flask, is everything in the original and native collection, the brands on the flask and glass are different.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The M31 Canteen and its Variants  

Hello.
    This canteen seem honest to me, the only unusual things here are the cork piece inside the screw cap and the RFI marking that seems to be in volume instead of being stamped in.

I have not seen such a marking on a mug before, is it original and does it match the flask?

It is obvious that it doesn't match the canteen which seems stamped MN.
    I haven't seen an RFI or any other maker's mark in volume so far but the cup seems to match what you should expect for something made in 1943.

Addendum : After a very quick research I found the exact same cup with the same marking :

You can see the details here : M42 canteen cup marked RFI 43 – fjm44

Super, the same convex brand, but the mug is from a different flask, I have a great late steel flask without markings and a mug, do you think it will match with this mug?

I would need to see it to be sure, but as long as it is middle / late war it could match.

Already put a mug on the flask.The M31 Canteen and its VariantsThe M31 Canteen and its VariantsThe M31 Canteen and its VariantsThe M31 Canteen and its VariantsThe M31 Canteen and its VariantsAlready put a mug on the flask.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The M31 Canteen and its Variants  

Already put a mug on the flask.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast