Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Rare German ammo box?

Article about: Idk what I have here but it seems to be one of a kind. A history professor said it was legit and he use to use to borrow it and use it for his classes from the owner. That's all I know. It h

?

Ersatz/Last ditch/Late War.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rare German ammo box?
    P
    Many

?

The only reason why I wouldn't think it is late war is because as resources became scarce Germany went from metal/steel to wooden things from what I understand. But it very much can be late war.

?

Yes indeed. I have a ammo box made from pappe/ cardboard it was for the nebelwerfer. Indeed ersatz.

?

Here is a other late war ersatz ammo box 1945 3.7 cm.Made from pappe/.cardboard Rare German ammo box?

?

As an edged weapons collector who has seen combat bayonets, dress daggers and swords all made by Eickhorn I have concerns on the stamp. Box looks earlier than WWII vintage to me but it is my opinion. The other question is did Eickhorn make tins, boxes and cans. To my knowledge they were one of 18 supplying the war effort. The box is made pretty rough on welds, etc…makes me wonder why Eickorn’s COF code and DRGM would have been stamped. Many questions I don’t have answers or if they would have even made it.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

Tin box Wehrmacht for parts MG 34/42 This seller had a few. He sells them as mg 42/34 boxes. That could be. But in my opinion it could really date from the 1920s.But of course I could be completely wrong. And this model box is ww2 german and not really known to collectors.
    Last edited by Daarom; 11-23-2023 at 04:16 AM.

?

Rare German ammo box? Did you buy it that way or did you clean the text?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast