Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Photo of Luftwaffe Feld Division troops

Article about: An odd photo of Luftwaffe field troops that I had picked up before. I think this one had come from a set of photos taken during a training exercise and not in combat but I cannot remember. B

?

Default Photo of Luftwaffe Feld Division troops

Photo of Luftwaffe Feld Division troops

An odd photo of Luftwaffe field troops that I had picked up before. I think this one had come from a set of photos taken during a training exercise and not in combat but I cannot remember. Both men are wearing the camouflage field jackets and have stuffed weeds into the bands they have pulled over their helmets. The man in the foreground is still fixing his helmet while the other takes off from the foxhole pulling a MG34? with him. They both carry very little beyond the ammo pouches, bread bag, and gas mask canister on their Y-straps. Not sure about much on this photo.

Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Photo of Luftwaffe Feld Division troops
    P
    Many

?

Rather than Luftwaffe camouflage jackets/smocks, they appear to be wearing the zeltbahn - typically worn during basic training exercises, by all Luftwaffe personnel - regardless of branch - so I would not regard these as Feld Division troops (though, of course, they may well have ended their service as such)!
    The machine gun is the old MG-15, modified for the ground role, and fitted with the double-drum magazine - again, typical of training school exercises.
    Still a nice image!