Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Collar patches for Beamte a.K.

Article about: I felt I would like to present these separate from my "collar patch terminology" thread. These are collar patches for Army Beamte auf Kriegsdauer (a.K.), i.e. officials holding a t

Default Collar patches for Beamte a.K.

I felt I would like to present these separate from my "collar patch terminology" thread as well.

These are collar patches for Army Beamte auf Kriegsdauer (a.K.), i.e. officials holding a temporary assignment for the duration of the war.

Unlike the regular career- and reserve Beamte, whose collar patches displayed a primary- and seconary branch color and had double Litzen, all Beamte a.K. wore collar patches with a single, pointed Litze (of the so-called "Old Prussian" style) and dark green piping (dark green being the primary branch color for officials). These collar patches were introduced by an order of 21 March 1940; prior to this, the same collar patches as for the other officials were to be worn.

For NCO-ranked officials, the Litze was woven in grey cloth; for officer-ranked officials, it was hand-embroidered in metallic thread (gold-colored thread for officials of the höherer Dienst, aluminum thread for the others).

• Top: A pair of collar patches for NCO-ranked Beamte a.K. of the einfacher Dienst [basic-level career] and mittlerer Dienst [medium-level career]
    • Center: Two collar patches (not a pair) for officer-ranked Beamte a.K. of the mittlerer Dienst [medium-level career] and gehobener Dienst [elevated career]
    • Bottom: A single collar patch for officer-ranked Beamte a.K. of the höherer Dienst [high-grade career]

As its name implies, the creation of this corps of temporary officials was only an emergency wartime measure. The powers-that-be were even unwilling to await the end of the war, which would have ended it automatically: An order of 11 August 1943 ordered the group to be disbanded, with the majority of Beamte aK to be taken over as Beamte des Beurlaubtenstandes (d.B.) [reserve officials] or, if they did not meet the necessary requirements, as Soldaten [soldiers] by 31 December 1943, with exceptions for certain specialty groups being permitted. Apparently, this took longer than expected, as an order of 21 October 1944 called for the completion of this measure.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Collar patches for Beamte a.K.
    P
    Many