Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Gauleiter Identification

Article about: Hello everyone, I recently purchased a few picture postcards for further research into the hierarchy of the RAD Generalarbeitsführer, the main focus is to somehow identify the GAF in the ph

?

Default Gauleiter Identification

Hello everyone, I recently purchased a few picture postcards for further research into the hierarchy of the RAD Generalarbeitsführer, the main focus is to somehow identify the GAF in the photos, there are a few Gauleiter's in the photos, if it's possible to come up with a Gau location / name of these individuals, my search would be narrowed down to that district, I know its a longshot, but I thought I would ask, the one Gauleiter seems to have a 'PIP' inside the swastika area, like in the provided example, thanks for taking the time to visit the thread, G

Armband photo credit: German Daggers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gauleiter Identification   Gauleiter Identification  

Gauleiter Identification   Gauleiter Identification  

I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gauleiter Identification
    P
    Many

One of them looks like Hans Frank. These high ranking NSDAP leaders could pretty much wear whatever insignia they wanted. The other portly golden pheasant lower left in both images I have to look up in my gauleiter books to be sure

?

Many thanks for the reply Rich !

Yet short on time but I have the 3 book series on Gauleiters that will take time to review to potentially discover the who the portly Gauleiter is. By chance does the image lower left provide a location & date detail of where this was taken at? The collar tabs suggest this image was taken late 1940 and onward as they are the final pattern collar tabs.

Gwar, after looking into this subject it appears the Gauleiter seen on the left, left bottom image stands a high chance of being Joseph Burckel.

Then there is Fritz Wachtler.

They both stand a chance as they both appear portly in images I've found so far.

I'll keep looking however.

The ear shape looks similar and better fit to Wachtler as seen in image below & on the right.

His name came up from the Gauleiter book series I mentioned but found better images of him on the net.

Wish your image were a bit more clearer as making it larger makes the image distort.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gauleiter Identification  

?

I will try better resolution at 1200 DPI, in the meantime, the reverse has somewhat of a clue, but I am curious if the stamp is just of a local retailer or the actual Co. "Photo Studio and Landscape Photography, Richard Müller, Innsbruck". many thanks for the help Rich !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gauleiter Identification  

Gwar, that reverse of the post card helps nail it.

The photographer is from the Gau Pressampt or Gau news bureau and he was an NSDAP member. His primary roll was taking images of landscape but was also the primary photographer for the NSDAP in the Tyrol and Innsbruck area.

The Gauleiter is Franz Hofer. He was the Gauleiter of Gau Tyrol.

Here is more info. BTW I know links are frowned upon but with research it can become an overload and a major chore to post from web pages that already have factual write ups.

Franz Hofer - Wikipedia

Here is his image. Note his ear shape.

And he fits the portly profile as well.

His party brassard is the same as what you posted as well

?

Thank you so much Rich, I did do some research before posting the thread, I found Wiki in the German language, even with the translation, I couldn't match the faces, hopefully, now I delve into my end and find the names of the Generalarbeitsführer's, again, Many thanks for taking the time to identify these figures !

Gwar, the benefits of secure retirement and my insatiable desire to help with research equals the sum of results.

I think the Generalarbeitsführer's can be found under Hofners organizational charts if any are available. They definitely reported to him.

Gwar, a bit more info that might be of help to further your research.

The correct designation of Hofer (correct spelling of his last name) area of responsibility-region was "Reichsgau Tirol-Vorarlberg der NSDAP" with his seat in Innsbruck.

1938-1945 attached to the staff of NSKK Motor-Obergruppe Sud. The reason I added this is they would of provided transport for any projects for the Arbeistfront.

Hofer also headed up the Alpine redoubt (Alpinefestung) effort started in mid 1944 so any Arbeit personnel that were at his disposal would no doubt be the back bone of that labor intense effort. The Wehrmacht started a surveil (surveyor of land) program to start the layout/blueprint process so I would think interaction between the Wehrmacht and the Arbeitsfront were intermingled.

National Redoubt. A report by the Gauleiter of Tyrol on the German and US views of the "Alpine Redoubt" in 1944. Manuscript number B-457; NARA M1035Manuscripts assembled under the Foreign Military Studies program of the Historical Division , US Army Europe,1945-54 US Army Historical Command, 1945

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast