Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Ostkrieg

Article about: Just thought I would pass this along for those interested. I am an avid reader and have read tons of books concerning Nazi Germany war years but Ostkrieg is really exceptional. Gives reader

Thumbs up Ostkrieg

Just thought I would pass this along for those interested. I am an avid reader and have read tons of books concerning Nazi Germany war years but Ostkrieg is really exceptional. Gives reader a thorough understanding of the whys things occurred when they did and not just who won which battle. It is a well researched book and I can highly recommend it to the beginning student or the veteran reader.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ostkrieg
    P
    Many

Default Re: Ostkrieg

For those of you who read German, an excellent read is, Hans Schäufler ed., Der Weg war Weit....: Panzer zwischen Weichsel und Wolga, Kurt Vowinckel, 1973. Its a 272-page, individual person account of war on the Eastern Front. Copies are still available on the used market. Dwight

?

Default Re: Ostkrieg

I picked up a nice German book " Heeresgruppe Mitte" by W Haupt published in 1968 at a local house clearance. Good pics & maps of the highs and lows on the eastern front. My highschool German is rusty, but I can get a rough idea of the text.