Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

German sword? info sought

Article about: The sword in the pics was found in the rafters of a home my sister and husband bought. they assumed it was some "costume" type piece used here in the US as part of some acting bit.

Default German sword? info sought

The sword in the pics was found in the rafters of a home my sister and husband bought. they assumed it was some "costume" type piece used here in the US as part of some acting bit...I believe it may be from Germany, maybe brought to US with a soldier returning from Europe.

Can anyone tell me anything about the likely origins of the sword from the pics? Was putting name and a date on a sword common practice? Is the portepee supposed to go with a sword like this?

thanks for whatever info you can share.

Paul
    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German sword? info sought
    P
    Many

Welcome to the forum.
    This section is for new members to introduce themselves. You photos are not visible to the members here.
    I suggest you locate the correct section of the forum and start a new thread there.
    The following thread explains how to upload photos correctly.
    Visual Guide to Upload Photos
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by pabyco1 View Post
    The sword in the pics was found in the rafters of a home my sister and husband bought. they assumed it was some "costume" type piece used here in the US as part of some acting bit...I believe it may be from Germany, maybe brought to US with a soldier returning from Europe.

Can anyone tell me anything about the likely origins of the sword from the pics? Was putting name and a date on a sword common practice? Is the portepee supposed to go with a sword like this?

thanks for whatever info you can share.

Paul
    Hello Paul.

Welcome to the forum.

Kind regards,

Will.

Default Introduction

Hello Everyone, my name is Paul. I'm mostly a collector of rifles from WW2. Of those I've mostly got Russian rifles.
    Recently I was gifted a sword that I thinknis German but I can't tell for sure. I'm hoping all of you can help me ID it.

Paul from America