Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Schnellboot-kriegsabzeichen Schwerin Berlin 68, Original?

Article about: Hi guys, this looks like a genuine piece as i can tell. What are your thoughts about this krigsmarine badge? Best regards, Franko

Default Schnellboot-kriegsabzeichen Schwerin Berlin 68, Original?

Hi guys, this looks like a genuine piece as i can tell. What are your thoughts about this krigsmarine badge?
    Best regards,
    Franko
    Schnellboot-kriegsabzeichen Schwerin Berlin 68, Original?
    Schnellboot-kriegsabzeichen Schwerin Berlin 68, Original?Schnellboot-kriegsabzeichen Schwerin Berlin 68, Original?Schnellboot-kriegsabzeichen Schwerin Berlin 68, Original?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Schnellboot-kriegsabzeichen Schwerin Berlin 68, Original?
    P
    Many

The pin looks incorrect, check this original badge: 1st Pattern Schwerin Schnellboot-Kriegsabzeichen Tombak

/Jonas

Good notice Jonas, pin really might be incorrect and it doesnt look like replacement, so maybe after all this badge isnt what it seems to be. Maybe it is just a copy. Best regards, Franko

It's a nice original 1st Pattern Schnellboot for me.

The pin is replaced and it looks like it has been put on upside down and the hook has been reattached.

Now that's a badge with a lot of character

Doug

Thinking about it and having another look it may be the original pin that has been removed and tapered and then put on the wrong way?! Mmmm mystery

I agree with Doug.

I think it's a well worn original with a replaced or repaired mainpin and catch.

It looks like there is a name scratched on the reverse also .

Cheers,Martin.

MAP
    ?

I agree with Martin and Doug. This one certainly has been worn. And would be great to see what is scratched under the pin as well as under the maker mark (looks like "80")

Good catch on the pin Jonas. I would tend to think it is a replacement and not the original re-attached pin. The shape looks very different than my example in the link above and what are in Webers book.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks guys. Altough i don't like repaired badges, maybe i'll still buy this one. Best regards, Franko