Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 Factory Unfinished German Badges, Original or not?? Thank you :)

Article about: Hello, Hope you are all well. I have received these factory unfinished badges and I would like to know if they are original or not and maybe their value. The only one with a maker's mark is

Default WW2 Factory Unfinished German Badges, Original or not?? Thank you :)

Hello,
    Hope you are all well. I have received these factory unfinished badges and I would like to know if they are original or not. The only one with a maker's mark is the Condor Legion Tank badge and they are all die-struck. Any help or information would be much appreciated.
    Thank you.
    (This is my first post so I'm very sorry if I have done anything incorrectly.)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Factory Unfinished German Badges, Original or not?? Thank you :)   WW2 Factory Unfinished German Badges, Original or not?? Thank you :)  

WW2 Factory Unfinished German Badges, Original or not?? Thank you :)   WW2 Factory Unfinished German Badges, Original or not?? Thank you :)  

WW2 Factory Unfinished German Badges, Original or not?? Thank you :)   WW2 Factory Unfinished German Badges, Original or not?? Thank you :)  

Last edited by ww2collectorStan; 04-30-2020 at 10:14 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 Factory Unfinished German Badges, Original or not?? Thank you :)
    P
    Many

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    Please read these two threads regarding posting in this section of the forum.
    The Use of German Terminology.
    Uploading photos and posting multiple items.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

I would be highly skeptical of these.

The 1st pattern S Boot award is not a pattern I recognize. The bottom Oakleaf/ribbon has a downward "frown" where on all the originals that are in Webers reference books have an upward sloping "smile". See what I mean in looking at these photos.

1st Pattern Schwerin Schnellboot-Kriegsabzeichen Tombak

Further the front of the Bridge appears to be poorly struck. And other details don't match up well (wave pattern, etc.)

Assuming these are all from the same source...I would assume the rest are bad as well.

That said...Let's wait for more opinions. I might be wrong.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

it is true that badges were made and the residue dumped in the thousands - these images show just how many!

And they were coined then trimmed in a similar way - these photos show that - but yours don't seem to have sharp detail or features that are expected as MAP says. Still they could be "test strikes" in a soft metal to check the dies?

food for thought......
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Factory Unfinished German Badges, Original or not?? Thank you :)   WW2 Factory Unfinished German Badges, Original or not?? Thank you :)  

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Jan
    ?

Thanks for sharing these pictures, they really make you think about the futility of war.

Best,

Jan

Hello,
    Thanks for your reply. I have just taken better pictures, where they look more detailed. Do you think that they are original?
    Thank you.

Please read the two threads I posted links to.
    Then, please start new threads for each of them separately.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)