Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Junkers ju-60 photo

Article about: I have this picture of a junkers ju-60. It has a red circle on the back and on the wing. What does this circle mean? I thought german plane registration started with 'D-', this plane doesn't

Default Junkers ju-60 photo

I have this picture of a junkers ju-60. It has a red circle on the back and on the wing. What does this circle mean? I thought german plane registration started with 'D-', this plane doesn't have that.

Does anyone know more?
    Junkers ju-60 photo

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Junkers ju-60 photo
    P
    Many

It is listed on here as D-UQEK, a Junkers 160: Civil Aircraft Register - Germany

I guess the 'D' is in the circle and invisible on the b/w picture. Another possibility is that this is one of the Junkers Ju 160's that were apparently sold to Japan.

Thanks a lot for the fast reply! I was looking for a site like that but wasn't able to find one. Definitely saving that site! It says 'fate/comments', do you happen to know what they mean with that?

Quote by earlymb View Post
    It is listed on here as D-UQEK, a Junkers 160: Civil Aircraft Register - Germany

I guess the 'D' is in the circle and invisible on the b/w picture. Another possibility is that this is one of the Junkers Ju 160's that were apparently sold to Japan.
    The civil registration number D-UQEK bore the name "Jurgen Wagner" and belonged to Junkers Ju 160C-0, registered by the DVL (Deutsche Versuchsanstalt für Luftfahrtin - German Aerospace Centre) in May 1936 and at some time used by the Imperial Ministry of Aviation as a high-speed transport.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.