Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10

Haco Early SA Dienst Dolch

Article about: Now thats a very nice SA Andrew would you like me to mind it for you thanks for showing, cheers Ronnie

Thankyou Rookie good job
    Although sometimes the inspection stamp is not necessary but because of that photo ...now I see 2 different accent groovings on the guards.
    Eickhorn is known for their deep accent groovings and the lower guard showing quite shallow grooving compared to a deep grooving on the upper guard.

On Eickhorn daggers no matter if marked internally HE ( Haus Eickhorn ) ..AR , EW and sometimes PA ...always had deep accent groovings from what I had observed,,.. and has been my personal preference to have those details showing a complete Eickhorn.
    Also the Weitze example also shows a slightly poor blade shoulder fit to the lower crossguard.

Also absent but not always necessary on Rohm daggers is the Gruppe mark ...that could swing either way with Rohm daggers ...some had Gruppe marks others did not.

Tomatoe or Tomato ...some will see this as the same and call Wietze example a full Eickhorn.
    After what I have seen which some may disagree...I see an Apple ...or is it an Orange ? ....am I comparing Apples and Oranges ? ..yes I am.
    Personal collecting preference and I prefer my Tomatoes unbruised.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Haco Early SA Dienst Dolch
    P
    Many

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Thankyou Rookie good job
    Although sometimes the inspection stamp is not necessary but because of that photo ...now I see 2 different accent groovings on the guards.
    Eickhorn is known for their deep accent groovings and the lower guard showing quite shallow grooving compared to a deep grooving on the upper guard.

On Eickhorn daggers no matter if marked internally HE ( Haus Eickhorn ) ..AR , EW and sometimes PA ...always had deep accent groovings from what I had observed,,.. and has been my personal preference to have those details showing a complete Eickhorn.
    Also the Weitze example also shows a slightly poor blade shoulder fit to the lower crossguard.

Also absent but not always necessary on Rohm daggers is the Gruppe mark ...that could swing either way with Rohm daggers ...some had Gruppe marks others did not.

Tomatoe or Tomato ...some will see this as the same and call Wietze example a full Eickhorn.
    After what I have seen which some may disagree...I see an Apple ...or is it an Orange ? ....am I comparing Apples and Oranges ? ..yes I am.
    Personal collecting preference and I prefer my Tomatoes unbruised.

Regards Larry
    Hi Larry,

Thats why i asked if its gonne be an Eickhorn, it must be a true eickhorn piece. rather have a small dent in a ball in a original piece then a parts one IMO.

and the price is quite steep for a "parts" one then. 1800 euro approx 1950 dollar.

Beter to save money and look further

Cheers,

Rookie

Apparently, the dagger gods have decided to intertwine the Eickhorn and HACO threads despite the efforts of mere mortals like us. Therefore, I'll throw my 2 cents in on the Eickhorn dagger. First, the latest photo posted by Rookie looks as though the crossguard may have a benchmark if you look to the left of the blade. Second, that wood sure looks like an Eickhorn grip to me, and as Tom Wittmann would say... " it fits the crossguard like a rubber glove". IMO, those parts have always been together.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Haco Early SA Dienst Dolch  
    Last edited by SkylineDrive; 04-03-2024 at 03:07 AM.

Quote by SkylineDrive View Post
    Apparently, the dagger gods have decided to intertwine the Eickhorn and HACO threads despite the efforts of mere mortals like us. Therefore, I'll throw my 2 cents in on the Eickhorn dagger. First, the latest photo posted by Rookie looks as though the crossguard may have a benchmark if you look to the left of the blade. Second, that wood sure looks like an Eickhorn grip to me, and as Tom Wittmann would say... " it fits the crossguard like a rubber glove". IMO, those parts have always been together.
    Ive got some more pictures now:

Regards,

Rookie

I've seen odd blade fits on Eickhorns, but those gaps are troubling. I don't see the dagger leaving the factory that way.

Quote by SkylineDrive View Post
    I've seen odd blade fits on Eickhorns, but those gaps are troubling. I don't see the dagger leaving the factory that way.
    Indeed can't believe it either, after seeing this pictures. looks parts too me.

got a message back: that indeed its seem that blade is parted.

Regards.

Thankyou Rookie for going the extra mile and getting those extra photos ...and supports my earlier observations about the blade shoulder fit ..especially this being an early Eickhorn dagger.
    Seeing this now ...I would just put it back down on the table at any show.

A fair assumption would be that the crossguards and grip ....just may be Haco married to an Eickhorn blade ? ....what ever the case is...the poor shoulder fit to the guard is disturbing to see on any Early SA dagger.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Like Skyline said, fit between blade and crossguards would not leave Eickhorn factory like that.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10