Miro-militaria.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thoughts on this SA RZM dagger please

Article about: It it me or does the eagle embedded in to the wooden handle look a bit roughly done, or is this pretty standard with the RZM made SA daggers?

Default Thoughts on this SA RZM dagger please

It it me or does the eagle embedded in to the wooden handle look a bit roughly done, or is this pretty standard with the RZM made SA daggers?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Thoughts on this SA RZM dagger please   Thoughts on this SA RZM dagger please  

Thoughts on this SA RZM dagger please   Thoughts on this SA RZM dagger please  

Thoughts on this SA RZM dagger please   Thoughts on this SA RZM dagger please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Thoughts on this SA RZM dagger please
    P
    Many

?

Looks like a nice late rzm tiger to mee. Aluminum eagle may have marks in grip. Everything seems consistent to me. Nickle plated crossguards, aluminum eagle, nickle plated scabbard fittings, dome head screws. Good paint on scabbard as well. Grip looks good can't really tell on fit. Blade is bright and I can see some crossgrain. To my eyes a very nice condition late model tiger. The experts will be along soon wait for their reply.

Tim

Thanks for the information Tim, I thought it was a genuine one but it just seems that the aluminium eagle on the wooden grip isn’t a great fit but I’m wondering if this it common with the RZM variant.

?

IMO that grip eagle could have been replaced thus explaining the marks to both sides of the grip and por fit. I'm not sure though. Eagle is correct period for the dagger so maybe someone messed with it and it is original.

Tim

Yes I suppose that’s possible. I’m very tempted to purchase it but the ill fitting eagle is putting me off slightly. Other than that it’s certainly ticking the boxes and in excellent condition.

?

Wait for Larry C and the others. There knowledge is invaluable. They will be along soon.

Tim

Nice RZM dagger, eagle seems to be replaced, just look to the holes under the wings, anyway if the price is fine it will be a nice adittion to any collection, just my two cents

all the best

Nacho

It’s putting me off that it’s possibly been replaced, which is a shame if so. The price is £1200 British pounds.

I think is a bit pricey for me for this one, you can get a decent late for less money IMHO

Regards

Nacho

Near $1500 US dollars is very expensive and you could get a decent early SA dagger for that amount.
    I see no issues with the dagger itself and the grip eagle does have its challenges ...which the eagle itself is correct but when was it put in there.
    The runes button is tight and perfect and the grip wood is correct having that porous grain.
    I would say if I was collecting late SA daggers and that one was priced at $750 US ...I would accept that grip eagle spacing as the details are late period correct...but for $1500 US ? .... Nah

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast