Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

My SS Headgear Collection

Article about: My SS headgear collection is a long work in progress. I managed to make quite a bit of headway, no pun intended. In the last few years I managed to put together a nice group despite the diff

?

The new addition compelled me to unpack the collection once again for new photo's.

Regards, Al

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My SS Headgear Collection
    P
    Many

?

Regards, Al

Al, you need a dedicated room to keep your collection displayed. I know how hard that can be to work out. Our son left for college back in 2001, that became my collection room & am fortunate to have the space for everything. With the amount of items you have seeing it spread out & displayed, then with your library of reference work too, you'll end up seeing a growth of new additions. Great collection you've put together. SS items are a difficult field to collect, and in more ways than 1.

?

Really nice collection. Thanks for sharing. I think there should be a forum that is devoted to members collections. Would be awsome to see all the history and great reference to help build future displays.

Thanks again Tim

?

Thanks Tim, there is a sub forum for collections and displays. They tend to get less traffic though.
    Regards, Al

MAP
    ?

Such an impressive collection Al. Really top notch stuff!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Thank you Michael. I'm really trying to slowly thin out the collection and just concentrate on SS headgear and insignia.
    Regards, Al

MAP
    ?

Quote by Aldo View Post
    Thank you Michael. I'm really trying to slowly thin out the collection and just concentrate on SS headgear and insignia.
    If your ever thinning out one of the black visors.......you know who to call
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Not my field at all and although I would quite like to have maybe just one quality SS cap in my collection I would be terrified of buying a "duck egg" so I will be content with the two SS medals I have and which are within my "comfort zone"

However, I can appreciate what you have here and thank you for showing this very nice and well presented group. The pleasure you have from owning and displaying these is evident and represents the very spirit of our hobby

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Thank you Mark. It's a steep learning curve with these caps but the payoff is tremendous. I do love displaying and photographing them.

Cheers
    Regards, Al

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast