Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Schutzstaffel SS stickpin help please

Article about: These came in a grouping without any provenance so I am always skeptical as warranted. I have spent a couple hours comparing backs and fronts and still have not been able to determine if the

Default Schutzstaffel SS stickpin help please

These came in a grouping without any provenance so I am always skeptical as warranted. I have spent a couple hours comparing backs and fronts and still have not been able to determine if they are original or not. This is my initial take. From the first pick showing all the far left one looks original. The next two membership pins look fake. I think the 4th one is to represent some type of faithful service but could not come to a determination. I think the last one is fake as well. All opinions and comments are appreciated. Apologies for the photos as I am having a hard time with macro photos.
    John

Schutzstaffel  SS stickpin help pleaseSchutzstaffel  SS stickpin help pleaseSchutzstaffel  SS stickpin help pleaseSchutzstaffel  SS stickpin help pleaseSchutzstaffel  SS stickpin help pleaseSchutzstaffel  SS stickpin help pleaseSchutzstaffel  SS stickpin help please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Schutzstaffel  SS stickpin help please
    P
    Many

?

Can't speak on the long service awards, but all 3 membership pins are repro...originals should have a serial number engraved on the reverse, and generally a maker

Thank you Brig. I did see other examples on this site and others that were stated good which did not have any markings. This is the large part of my confusion.
    John

?

I recently picked one up in a lot, too, and it seemed the consensus was they had to be marked and serialized. I think there's a roster or partial roster of membership numbers, but it's a closely guarded secret by those who have access

MAP
    ?

Please see this thread. As Brig said and confirmed in an old thread by Ade. They all should have serial numbers.

Hoffstätter made SS-ZA stickpin
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you both for the information. The additional information was helpful and confirmed the first 3 will go into the Repro box of shame.
    I still have not been able to ID the last two, probably both fantasy pieces as well but do not want to toss a good item.
    John

?

Quote by Rescue190 View Post
    Thank you both for the information. The additional information was helpful and confirmed the first 3 will go into the Repro box of shame.
    I still have not been able to ID the last two, probably both fantasy pieces as well but do not want to toss a good item.
    John
    They are 4 year and 8 year SS long service medals...I can't speak on authenticity, but they look a bit rough and I'm leaning towards repro

Don't worry, my stickpin repro box has been growing lately, too

Thank you Brig. After looking more closely I also agree the detail is not up to the quality of any SS pin of the day.
    John

The first 3 stick pins that look newer may actually be SS dagger runes buttons and the 2nd and third position a Friedrich Herder type.
    Give or take a hair in measurement..runes buttons should measure about 9mm.
    or am I off base with my post ?

Schutzstaffel  SS stickpin help please
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

My battery was dead in the micrometer. I will check them when I get a battery ordered and post. Interesting thought that they made repro pins from the parts leftover from other items, make sense. I just do not know enough about the size of what the stick pins were supposed to be.
    John

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast