Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ss cap HANDSCHAR

Article about: Hello gentlemen! Please opinion on this fez. Is it original insignia?

Default ss cap HANDSCHAR

Hello gentlemen! Please opinion on this fez. Is it original insignia?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ss cap HANDSCHAR   ss cap HANDSCHAR  

ss cap HANDSCHAR   ss cap HANDSCHAR  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ss cap HANDSCHAR
    P
    Many

typical red fez found in the store rooms at Dachau. From the images, it appears to be intact from that period.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Bob is a man of enormous experience and wisdom.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Bob is a man of enormous experience and wisdom.
    Thank you FB. I only pale in comparison to a man of letters such as yourself and your vast knowledge.
    BOB

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Thank you FB. I only pale in comparison to a man of letters such as yourself and your vast knowledge.
    Thank you very much, indeed, but you started several years before I did, and you get full credit from me on said score. All hail! And happy new year to you.

ss cap HANDSCHARHere is an example of these insignia at closer range.

- - ------- - -

This item is not mine. I have an image of mine from the year 1973 somewhere, which I shall disinter.

The Beaver Bando book contains many examples of these..... Mr. M16fan found some of these, too.ss cap HANDSCHAR

A nice fez-it should be reblocked and reformed,though and would look very impressive. A few questions for Bob,though-the stitching on the eagle looks to be done by a different worker than the skull. Would this be normal or would the 2 pieces usually be applied at the same time and probably by the same person? And, I noticed that the black around the eagle is Very dark, while the fez itself and the skull look to have exposure and some signs of fading from the elements. Do you think that the eagle could possibly be a restored bit? In either case, it's still a nice fez and I like the original tassel, as so many we see are missing this part. From the appearance of the sweatband, it looks to have actually been worn! A nice change to see from the minty unissued ones!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi William-I have no idea who and how the insignia were applied having not been there thank God. I can not see the difference of backing you mention on my monitor.
    BOB

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    A nice fez-it should be reblocked and reformed,though and would look very impressive. A few questions for Bob,though-the stitching on the eagle looks to be done by a different worker than the skull. Would this be normal or would the 2 pieces usually be applied at the same time and probably by the same person? And, I noticed that the black around the eagle is Very dark, while the fez itself and the skull look to have exposure and some signs of fading from the elements. Do you think that the eagle could possibly be a restored bit? In either case, it's still a nice fez and I like the original tassel, as so many we see are missing this part. From the appearance of the sweatband, it looks to have actually been worn! A nice change to see from the minty unissued ones!
    I also wondered insignia, also noticed a difference between the shade of an eagle and a skull.
    Eagle looks like it was sewn later

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast