Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

norwegian helmet

Article about: Greetings. I send these two German helmets in Norwegian colors for consideration. As these helmet modifications are not so common in Czech, I send a photo to the warrelics to assess the orig

?

Default norwegian helmet

Greetings.
    I send these two German helmets in Norwegian colors for consideration. As these helmet modifications are not so common in Czech, I send a photo to the warrelics to assess the originality and, if possible, the value of each helmet separately. On Czech forums, my colleagues could not get up, but everybody would buy it from me for a few small ones.
    Hello German Helmets, I prefer the original condition. That is why I am interested in the value of the Norwegian modification to a possible future replacement.
    Thank you. PF 2018
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture norwegian helmet   norwegian helmet  

norwegian helmet   norwegian helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement norwegian helmet
    P
    Many

?

Quote by dandys View Post
    Greetings.
    I send these two German helmets in Norwegian colors for consideration. As these helmet modifications are not so common in Czech, I send a photo to the warrelics to assess the originality and, if possible, the value of each helmet separately. On Czech forums, my colleagues could not get up, but everybody would buy it from me for a few small ones.
    Hello German Helmets, I prefer the original condition. That is why I am interested in the value of the Norwegian modification to a possible future replacement.
    Thank you. PF 2018
    ???

Back in the 70's a good Norwegian rework went for $25. Today I would
    expect to pay around $300-$350, but I do not recall ever seeing
    a liner in this 'natural' colour. I would pass.........
    Regards,

Steve.

The liner is a later replacement I have had Norwegian rework helmets with type of leather in them most likely a replacement for the German leather when it got damaged

Looks more like a Czech liner to me rather than the red dyed Norwegian/German ones.
    I cant see what type of rivets are there ( Norway used domed head brass split rivets as the flat head aluminium German ones do not survive removal and replacement ) but if they are not the domed ones I'd hazard a guess that it was done by a "third party".....

The "sanitater" M40 one is just a mock-up on a relic, welded up shell......
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I too recall when Norwegian re-used German helmets were ten-a-penny as we say here...in fact they were so under-valued they were being painted black, transfered-up and guess what.......I wish I'd've bought some at the time though...But I know very little about them / that process so am learning here with every post on the topic.

So, is it fair to say the following about Norwegian re-worked examples:-

1 the liner may sometimes (?) be replaced...traditional "perforated" German liners MAY still be used tho ...but they're more likely to be different to the old German ones?
    2 the German flat headed liner retention rivets were not used..they were all replaced by smaller dome-headed ones?

'hopin' to learn here....'hope you can help me...

Ta.

Quote by Composite View Post
    I too recall when Norwegian re-used German helmets were ten-a-penny as we say here...in fact they were so under-valued they were being painted black, transfered-up and guess what.......I wish I'd've bought some at the time though...But I know very little about them / that process so am learning here with every post on the topic.

So, is it fair to say the following about Norwegian re-worked examples:-

1 the liner may sometimes (?) be replaced...traditional "perforated" German liners MAY still be used tho ...but they're more likely to be different to the old German ones?
    2 the German flat headed liner retention rivets were not used..they were all replaced by smaller dome-headed ones?

'hopin' to learn here....'hope you can help me...

Ta.
    You largely got it right Composite, as Danmark had already implied. I picked up an M35 or M40 (can't remember which it was) Norwegian rework, with all the amendments as per Danmark, back then I paid £10 for it. What they are valued at now, is dependent on the buyer - I would guess some would rather pay more for an unmarked Heer original than one that has this history, but then again when I bought mine I did so because it WAS original German, just had a subsequent Nordic owner (and the price was right).

Interesting weld repair to the crown of the Quist helmet. Possible post war pick-axe job then repaired?
    nick

?

Hello.
    Thanks in advance for your observations. Yellow helmet repair is the original ... I read, according to the available information, that the German helmets were dimmed after the war with a hammer. These helmets, which had been damaged in this way, had bought Norway, helped to damage the helmet, and subsequently used these helmets of the industrial protection component "industrivern".
    As for the helmet in Norwegian color. The nails are not really German, they are flattened (flattened) but thicker than the German drudgery. The rivets are brass. In the Czech Republic, pulleys, mushroom-shaped rivets were used after the war.
    I bought the Norwegian helmet abroad and paid 200 euros for her. But since I have not encountered such helmets in Bohemia, it seems to me to be a good buy into a collection, unfortunately I do not know whether it is a good one ... I do not know whether I have paid for it.
    do not know exactly what the word "liner" means in the language of the language? Do you mean the color of the helmet or characters, watermarks, or decals? Thank you. Dandy

Liner meaning "Interior component". It's the band & leather combined that is inside the helmet that sits on your head.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast