Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Technical problems

Article about: Evening Guys, is anyone else having problems getting on to this forum, and then it takes forever for anything to download, I'm not having problems on any other site. Bill

Well, so much for Homers help, I'm back where I was two days ago and this time the thanks and like buttons are telling me I don't have permission to use them, I'm a very patient man and I have a long fuse but now I'm getting p@%$*d off!!!
    "Only a pimp in a Louisiana whore house carries a pearl handled revolver"
    - General George Smith Patton Jr.

Well I feel your pain mate as I was in the same boat. But clicking the "remember me" box at log in has solve all the problem with being booted out when moving between threads. Today no issues at all, hopefully it lasts!

Default Constant log outs

I am experiencing constant logouts which are making using the forum very tedious and difficult.

Each time I try to post I find that in the short time taken to write something I have been logged out and an attempt to post the comment causes it to be lost!

Why is this happening and what can be done about it?

I have just renewed my subscription which also too several attempts for the same reason.

I am now thinking that for this and other recently developing reasons I am wasting time, money and effort on a forum that is fast becomin unfit for purpose.

Not happy.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Hi Mark...just a reminder...have you been clicking on the remember me option at login ?
    I am keeping track so far of those recent complaints of those who have been ticking the " remember me " box and have been forwarding them to the tech.
    Let me know please.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Same problem as all above until yesterday where i'm now always logged in even if not on the site,better the latter i suppose.

Well its been a few days now and so far everything is cool on this end

Bill

The tech made the adjustment and now the remember me box is always checked before logging in.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

TWS
    ?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    The tech made the adjustment and now the remember me box is always checked before logging in.
    Hearty thanks to our technical staff! As I posted in reply to MAP, I had always kept the box checked and the problems were still affecting me. Because you and other members kept asking if I had that box checked, I did a little experiment. I unchecked it, refreshed the site, re-checked the box and voila! I can stay logged in.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Well things were cool but I'm having problems again. When I log in I get a white screen that says database error.

Bill

yes its a bit of a mess this time as the forum goes in and out intermittently within minutes of each other.
    I was editing a thread for a member and I lost all the photos after the forum went blank to a white page.

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast