Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

US M1 White band and diamond?

Article about: To your shock, US helmets are not my collecting area, but who best to ask for information ( and grovel) than you who know all. I think it's a ww2 M1, the white band, or is it light grey, fad

?

Default US M1 White band and diamond?

To your shock, US helmets are not my collecting area, but who best to ask for information ( and grovel) than you who know all.
    I think it's a ww2 M1, the white band, or is it light grey, faded over the years? maybe beach group.
    The helmet is not mine, but a friends, who want to give some money to the person who gave it to them.
    If it is what I think it maybe, it could be worth a lot of money.
    Thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US M1 White band and diamond?   US M1 White band and diamond?  

US M1 White band and diamond?  

Aaron best place without a doubt is either USMF but would need to join if not a member but there's a fantastic FB group M1 Helmet and history study room,there you will find the answers but looks the real deal and probably worth a lot,light grey band usually denotes navy personnel D-Day bringing troops and jeeps ashore on LCVP or more commonly known as Higgins boats,fantastic looking Helmet.sorry can't offer any info on the diamond.

?

Great, thanks for your help.

The white diamond was used post war as training insignia for the 31st Infantry Regiment. If this is from this unit it dates to the late 1940s. Others may opine. Does it have any other markings in the liner or inside the shell?

?

I will ask to see if they can find any other markings.
    Thank you.