Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Vietnam Era M1 Helmet Shell

Article about: I was given this M1 shell a while back and didn't have the time to research it then, other than the fact that it was post-WWII. I was going through one of my storage boxes and came across it

The helmet is a m1c but a Vietnam Era A/B helmet does not carry the same value as a WW2 A/B helmet. As stated if you piece this one together, an A/B liner would be the path to take.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Okay, good to know. Thank you.

That's a really nice original A/B shell,these rarely show up these days,so add a type 2 A/B liner and Mitch and your good,plus whack something under the neoprene elastic band like a zippo or bug juice and your complete.however remember a lot of grunts cut there A yokes off so can use an Infantry liner equally.

however remember a lot of grunts cut there A yokes off so can use an Infantry liner equally.[/QUOTE]

Agreed

Marty

Right now I'm looking at these three liners. All three are dated 1967. Do they work?

Liner 1:

Liner 2:

Liner 3:

Vietnam Era M1 Helmet ShellVietnam Era M1 Helmet Shell

Thank you for all the help!

I prefer a liner with a sweatband, it just makes it complete. If the price is cheap I will settle for one without one. Are the prices cheap for said liners?

Marty

M1 HELMET LINER - WW2 KOREA VIETNAM WESTINGHOUSE | eBay

It’s not A/B but would work just fine

#1 is cheap, $5 but with one person bidding already, 3 days left. #2 is $65, and #3 is $41.50.

I had actually really considered the one you linked to before I looked at A/B liners.

Even these p64 type 2's are reaching silly money now.average is $60 now days but can fetch $100 remember there over 50 years old.!!!
    If you can manage to secure a type 2 then personally i would as then the extention snaps have somewhere snap in to,rather than just left either hanging down or tucked up inside the liner webbing.!!!

So, basically, if I can get that #1 liner cheap, then do it, even though it doesn't have a sweatband. Otherwise, maybe just wait until an A/B with sweatband pops up. Yeah?

Thanks for giving me a rough estimate on how much they go for.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast