Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold "30"

Article about: Thought you would like to see this nice issued Gold wound badge by Hauptman Wein. Gilt tombak with less seen flat pin. What really drew me to this award was that a) it is 100% issued and com

MAP
    ?

Default Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold "30"

Thought you would like to see this nice issued Gold wound badge by Hauptman Wein.

Gilt tombak with less seen flat pin.

What really drew me to this award was that a) it is 100% issued and combat worn award still in excellent condition and b) The "bent" pin.

As this was from the recent find from our friend David (M16Fan), and thus there is no question that this modification was period done. The pin is not flimsy so it took some effort to do this.

Hope you enjoy this piece of history!

Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold "30" Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold "30"

And with his friends.... (btw...a silver Legion Condor is in the mail and will replace what I think is the fake WW1 Gold award and the silver WW1 is a less common screwback version)

Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold "30"
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold "30"
    P
    Many

One I'm looking for. Nice original with variation wide pin.
    I'd be tempted to flatten it back to the way it was, as
    it doesn't hook under the catch anymore.........
    Regards,

Steve.

CBH
    ?

I was looking at this one myself , beautiful and gone to a good home .

MAP
    ?

Thanks Steve.

Personally I love the pin the way it is and is why I purchased this one versus others. I have no problem that it doesn't fit into the catch because it is already mounted in the case and will stay there until the next generation decides what to do with it LoL!

Anyway my speculation is that the catch bent at some point in the field and the soldier very carefully bent the pin (in a very eye catching manner) so that it would somehow stay attached to the uniform. Or that is at least what I would like to think. I do not think it was an easy task twisting it without breaking the pin or the hinge.

But either way it is wartime done and part of the history which is why I like it.

Thanks again!

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Quote by CBH View Post
    I was looking at this one myself , beautiful and gone to a good home .
    Yes it is in a great home if I say so myself LoL!!!

But seriously. Thanks! Appreciate it. I just wish it could talk. Just like all the other pieces from this hoard.

CBH
    ?

I would think removal from a wool tunic with a twist would result in this kind of bending of the lower catch . Which does tell a story , it's yours now for the next 50 years to do with as you may . And I agree that the pin was bent by the original owner , and not touched the next 70 years ! Great to see this time capsule come to our fine site , thanks David .

MAP
    ?

Yes. All thanks to David.