Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Falklands - Argentine weapons

Article about: I thought i'd post some pictures that I took back in June 1982 of some of the weapons and equipment left behind on Port Stanley airfield. Weapons dump on the between Stanley and the airport

Default Falklands - Argentine weapons

I thought i'd post some pictures that I took back in June 1982 of some of the weapons and equipment left behind on Port Stanley airfield.

Weapons dump on the between Stanley and the airport where all the Argentine prisoners were relieved of their weapons.

A selection of various wepons used by Argentine forces

A very mint Browning Hi power that I found in an Argentine bunker that we were clearing. We did keep aside the better weapons like this once we had established a secure armoury but I think they were all deep sea dumped eventually.

SA 7's

Various items of ordnance awaiting demolition

Napalm tank carried by Pucaras

A typical Argentine bunker / trench system prior to us clearing it of anything that could go bang.

I had a good walk around Mnt Byron is 1998, the bunkers are still there, cooking stoves still inside open, food wrappers, mess tins, quite strange really
    Ben

Some great photos there Rob, that "grease gun" is a bit on the rusty side!.. thanks for sharing!..

why would they use a a ww2? grease gun?

Quote by brataccas View Post
    They built them under licence to fire 9mm, I'm not sure how effective they were in combat but they did look very cheaply made. We had a go shooting examples of most of of their weapons but We couldn't find a decent one of these horrible things that any of us were willing to try.

?

Quote by brataccas View Post
    Because they were to stupid to use modern fire arms.
    It is my personal opinion that they are looking for another butt kicking. I know. I know. I shouldn't stir the pot but in the whole wide world my opinion doesn't mean anything anyway.

The Sa 7 tail pipe chasers are certainly interesting. I wonder how effective these generation 1 shoulder launched SAM's were against the small side thrust units on the Harrier. I am quite sure none were victim to the Grail system during the Falklands war.
    Cheers for posting. Great images mate

Dave

Quote by Thanatos View Post
    The Sa 7 tail pipe chasers are certainly interesting. I wonder how effective these generation 1 shoulder launched SAM's were against the small side thrust units on the Harrier. I am quite sure none were victim to the Grail system during the Falklands war.
    Cheers for posting. Great images mate

Dave
    At the time we were told that they arrived in the war zone right towards the end of the war and there was a limited number of troops who were trained to them. I guess that If they were issued in large numbers they could have caused a big problem for us .

?

Quote by rob1713 View Post
    A very mint Browning Hi power that I found in an Argentine bunker that we were clearing. We did keep aside the better weapons like this once we had established a secure armoury but I think they were all deep sea dumped eventually.
    A crying shame.

Very old fashioned leather holster rig for the Browning, pre WW2 type of thing...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast