Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Indonesian made weapons in 1945 - 1949

Article about: Since i don't have any camera to share my newest finding, it's difficult for me to active in the forum again. But still nevertheless i'll show you some of my finding as the best as i could.

Hello Feldgrau,

I enclose a photograph of some weapons handed over by the TNI in concurrence with the Renville agreement in 1948, after "Operatie Produkt" a.k.a. "Agressi 1". The arms were returned to the TNI (Hizra ?).

The TNI members and Dutch military are tying up the arms for transportation to the Republican area.

I see a MP28 (M39), a Demakijo and a variant thereof. Also some other interesting stuff.

Cheers,
    Emile

There's been some confusion in this thread because the book in the OP has some photos in the wrong place. The Mk5 and the Lanchester have been swopped. Page 16 shows a Lanchester copy described as the Mk5, while the other one is the Mk5 described as a Lanchester copy.

In my opnion Indonesian Museums are not very accurate concerning fire arms. I once saw a M11 (KNIL Parabellum), manufactured or assembled by Vickers, described as a US Vickers pistol.

Museums in general are not all that concerned with correct typification, I believe.

They probably think: who cares, just a bunch of weapon freaks do.

Cheers,
    Emile

Quote by emileverbunt View Post
    Hello Feldgrau,

I enclose a photograph of some weapons handed over by the TNI in concurrence with the Renville agreement in 1948, after "Operatie Produkt" a.k.a. "Agressi 1". The arms were returned to the TNI (Hizra ?).

The TNI members and Dutch military are tying up the arms for transportation to the Republican area.

I see a MP28 (M39), a Demakijo and a variant thereof. Also some other interesting stuff.

Cheers,
    Emile

Ah great finding sir.
    My grandfather was captured during post operatie produkt anyway.

Quote by emileverbunt View Post
    In my opnion Indonesian Museums are not very accurate concerning fire arms. I once saw a M11 (KNIL Parabellum), manufactured or assembled by Vickers, described as a US Vickers pistol.

Museums in general are not all that concerned with correct typification, I believe.

They probably think: who cares, just a bunch of weapon freaks do.

Cheers,
    Emile
    Indeed, it's really unfortunate to see that kind of things in here. No information available for each weapons and no history explanation whatsoever given to the visitor. It's such a mess.

I enclose a more detailed photograph of a previously posted captured Demakijo MP. I wonder about the weapon seen right at the top of this picture? Anyone an idea? Could it be an Arisaka carbine?

Cheers, Emile

(Actie van 4-4 Bataljon Jagers te Magetan, Oost-Java, 29 maart 1949, Photographer: Kellenbach, F.C. Nationaal Archief)
    Last edited by emileverbunt; 12-10-2016 at 04:31 PM.

I would like to show you these photographs of two Indonesian Sten copies from the late forties.

These arms are now in the possession of the Dutch National Army Museum. They are probably not on display unfortunately.

The workmanship of the MkV copy is remarkable.

Cheers,

Emile
    Indonesian made weapons in 1945 - 1949Indonesian made weapons in 1945 - 1949

Thank you sir! It's great to see these things in color.

Yes! I am glad we retained a few of these war booty guns!

If I find more I'll let you know.

Did you any more M35 clones?

Cheers,
    Emile

Thank you.

About the m35, it's getting difficult to obtain that. Some sold with expensive price more than 100 euro. And its unobtainable for me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3